Saturday, November 14, 2009

6 weeks...smiles and sleeps!

Well Carrie turned 6 weeks this past Tuesday and as always, I missed posting on that day and the 4 following, but here I am! Better late than never! 6 weeks was a good mark for us. Carrie is now consistently sleeping 6 hours her first stretch every night. It has been a huge help for me! So between 930 and 7, I only am up with her once. On top of that, she is smiling a lot now! It is so fun and funny and I am loving it. About twice a day, she will lay on her playmat for a long chunk of time and just stare at her toys, try to reach for them, squirm around and smile most of the time! It is my favorite time every day. 3 or 4 weeks into this, I did not see the light yet and did not know how I would make it! I was just so tired and could not seem to get into a rhythm with her. People kept telling me that getting to 6 weeks is big, 8 bigger and 12 huge and so far, that is proving true! We really are having fun and I just love her so much I can hardly stand it. On top of that, the girl just grows and grows and is now past the 10 lb mark. You will notice a very round and chunky face in some of the pictures below! I wanted to show a few of her playing and smiling...

notice the bib...still plagued by the reflex. that means lots of laundry and that I have bought every small bib Target has! oh well...





She is also loving the lights and colors on the TV...probably not a good thing to have her already loving TV, but it keeps her entertained! Below is a picture of her watching the CMAs with her daddy...

oh and yeah, she is losing her baby hair so is pretty bald right now...sad. Ready for it to start coming back in now!

1 comment:

  1. Carrie is so beautiful! AM starting sleeping 6 hours at 6 weeks too. Glad to know Carrie likes her playmat too, AM LOVES hers! She will stay on it for an hour at a time, which is great! Glad to see more pictures, get some rest now!

    ReplyDelete