Whew, what a week! Last weekend and this past week, I helped host a children's clothing trunk show. I had a lot of fun doing it, but it flat wore me out! I was already a blog slacker before and it just set me back more! Last weekend Graham was out of town so I was very thankful Papa and Steppy came in town to help with the kiddos while I did the show! It was nice to know they were well taken care of so I could relax and just enjoy time with adults! And then my sweet husband worked from home and took a little time off to help me out as well. So between Papa and Steppy, Graham and my mom, I did not have to get any child care for the week which was huge! It made the trunk show totally worth it and it was really a nice break from winter days inside this house. However, when it was over, I was ready. I got way behind around here and just missed seeing my girls! All that to say, I do not have many updated pictures, but here is a little bit of what is going on!
I never thought I could get a better sleeper than Carrie, but somehow, I have! Hayes is taking her last bottle around 6:30 or 6:40 and I am waking her up around 7:15 or 7:30 in the morning. And then she loves her naps in her crib which is great! For my records (because I am referencing my blogs about Carrie at this age) here is her daily routine...
7:15/7:30-wake up and eat
Play until 8:30
8:30-10 nap. Then I am waking her up to eat.
Play until 11:30
11:30-12:30 nap
1 eat again
Play
2:30-4 nap
4 wake her up and feed her
Play, bath, and maybe a 20 minute cat nap at some point
6:30/6:40 feed her and put her down
I am going to try to move her feedings to every 4 hours then maybe I won't be waking her from naps and I think she may be ready to try it. We will see. I am not gonna mess up a good thing, though, so if it doesn't work, no harm, no foul!
She is a huge chatterbox and a little giggler now! She is such a happy little thing these days. Graham and I always say she eats, sleeps and smiles so when she cries, there is something really bothering her! And this week we tried the exersaucer...she is a little young for it which we figured, but she can do it for 5-10 minutes and gets really into it. Here she is in it for the first time.
She looks pretty different than Carrie at this age. Everyone tells me she looks like me and everyone said Carrie looked like Graham so I guess that makes sense for them to look different! She seems to have a really sweet personality and is so happy just to have someone baby talking to her. I just love how she is turning into a real baby, but cannot believe how fast it is going!
And C is just up to her old tricks! Being wild and crazy and funny and defiant and sweet and scrappy all at the same time. She loves boys and may even act more like a little boy than a little girl. She is happy to be wrestling on the floor with a little boy and is tough as nails. I think we have a future athlete maybe?? She also had a first this week...her first pig tails! I am not sure they are the most flattering on her round face, but she loves them and she is cute no matter what so whatever!
Also, this weekend has been so cold and dreary that Graham and I tried to dream up an activity for Carrie yesterday. So we decided on a late afternoon play at Chick Fil A followed by a kid's meal. She got way lucky in that Scott's dad brought him to meet them there! I think she had a big time playing on the slide, eating chicken nuggets and an ice cream cone!!! and mainly being with Scott. Graham texted this picture to me and said "first date?"...I mean what could be cuter than that??
I am going to try to pick up on blogging, but these nasty days make for boring days at home! Hopefully will get some sunshine this week!
10 years ago
Yay I have been missing these updates!! So awesome Hayes is sleeping so well!! And carebear is the cutest thing ever. Loving the pigtails and lunch date pics :) she's gonna be a heart breaker!!
ReplyDelete