This past weekend has been a fun one minus one bummer Friday night. We had booked reservations to a new restaurant in Nashville, The Catbird Seat, a while back with our friends the Chesworths. This places has gotten a lot of good publicity so we were anxious to try it. They came in Friday and Graham was coming back from Boston Friday afternoon. Well, his connection was in DC and they had terrible storms. We were so bummed when his flight got cancelled! I felt bad that John was going to be the solo man at dinner and I felt bad Graham was missing this dinner and time with the Chesworths! But we did not let it stop us from having fun! Friday, John worked and Paula and I took the kiddos to Cheekwood to see the new Treehouse exhibit. It was neat, but way crowded on Friday at lunch time when we went. I think the kiddos were a little overwhelmed by all the big kids. But it was still fun to get them together and I know Carrie really enjoyed Jack. She may have even given him a huge bear hug that brought them both down to the ground. But Paula took all the pics that day since I had 2 kids to keep up with so I am counting on her sending me those at some point (you heard me, Paula ;) ). That night, dinner was amazing. We loved the place, the food, the staff...all of it. I highly recommend it and will definitely be going back! It was so fun to see them even if it was just me.
Graham got home Saturday morning after a long week away and we were SO glad to have him back. We spend most of our time these days at my parent's pool (post to come some day!), but Sunday, we decided to try the treehouses at Cheekwood again and go right when it opened to hopefully miss some of the crowd. This proved to be a good idea!! There were some people there, but not a lot and it was great for Carrie to get to run around and do some of the treehouses before they were bombarded by big kids! Here are some of the pics...
One of the tree houses has a swing on it which was packed on Friday so Carrie was excited to get to try it out this time...
We did not do the conch shell tree house last time bc getting into sand it not always my fave thing, but this time we did it and she really liked it! It is a big shell you can climb in with a sand box attachment with shells in it and these random masks...
One of her favorite tree houses is the one with this huge slide. On Friday I thought when she ran up there that there was no way she would go down. Boy was I wrong! She did it many times Friday and many times today! A man was standing there and said "she knows no fear"...sadly, he is right!
She also likes the Rainbow Fish tree house a lot. There is not much to do on it, but I think she just likes that it looks like a big, sequined tree house!
And we never made it to this one on Friday so she was excited to do this big rubber band ball looking one over the water...
The Pirate ship was so crowded Friday, she never could make it up. So it was almost empty today and she got up and "steered" the ship. Here she is saying "ARGH!"
And little, bald, laid back baby sat happily in her stroller chewing her beads. She was easy as always!
After we played, we had a picnic. We found a spot in the shade and it was really nice.
Both girls are sleeping now as you can imagine! I know we will back at Cheekwood to explore the tree houses more as the summer goes on! They always have such fun kid exhibits in the summers.
After naps, we are off to the pool again. Loving these summer weekends!!
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment