Saturday, December 15, 2012

Tis the Season...Part 1

Christmas time has always been busy, but add in kids and we are going nonstop! It is all fun, but I am exhausted and we haven't even gotten into the busiest week yet! So this is just a rundown of our past couple weeks of activities...

Carrie had her Christmas "3 sing" last Friday. She was actually a bit under the weather, but I did not have the heart to keep her home so I called school and asked if I could just bring her in for the sing and then take her home and they were so nice to let me. Sadly, I was one of the moms in charge of the Christmas class party and had made these fun rice krispy-trees and Carrie could not even go, but I really did not want to get anyone else sick. So this is our only party pic since we were not there :)
You could tell she was really tired during the sing, but she still sang all the songs and had fun. I am just sad I didn't know you could watch rehearsals a couple days before because I heard she was SO into it and I would have loved to have seen that! But she was still precious and so sweet up there.
I just love that she smiled and waved at us several times. I just love her so dang much and love to see that she loves us just the same.
So she was content to go home after the sing with no fight and spend the weekend getting well.

Monday was the Mother's Day Out tea and cookies with Santa for Hayes. When I got to school to take her over there, she was asleep from their walk and remained that way for most of the event, but how could you wake this sweetness up?
When she woke up, she was thrilled to see Santa. I even put a cookie in each hand and it still didn't help.
But she did enjoying eating them on our way home! Girlfriend does not love her some Santa!!!
This morning, we got invited to the CUTEST Polar Express/Cookies with Santa party. It was such a nice and warm day which was great because they had a train for the kids to ride with they LOVED.
And then Santa rode in on the train which got C really excited.
Waving to Santa.
And she hugged him. I mean this girl knows who is bringing the gifts next week.
Then we sat with Santa and she told him she wanted a Sleeping Beauty dress. So funny because the 3 things she wants from Santa are the Cinderella Vanity, a Sleeping Beauty dress and Princess legos and now she has visited him twice and the first time she asked for the vanity and this time for the dress so in the car after she told me she needed to see him just one more time to tell him she wants the legos. I guess she does not want to overwhelm him so is just telling him 1 thing at time!
Santa gave her a candy cane and she took it out to ride the train. She was so excited, but then I did not get a picture of the sadness that came next when a little girl broke C's candy cane and she burst into tears. Right then the train started so it was too late to get her off or throw her a new candy cane so she bawled the whole time. It was so sad/so hilarious! She did get another candy cane.
The party was so cute and fun and C had TONS of sugar which she loved.
Last weekend C and Dada made a gingerbread house which she loved.

And I couldn't end without this cute sister snuggle pic from the other night before bed.
Ok there is sure to be a Christmas parts 2, 3, 4...etc. Looking forward to more fun festivities!

No comments:

Post a Comment