Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Hayes-15 months

So on January 11, Hayes was 15 months. I haven't done a whole lot of month to month updating on her, but feel like in the past 2 months, she has changed SO much and is turning into a little toddler. I do not want to say she is not a baby anymore because 1) she so is and 2) that would make me really sad to have 2 toddlers and no babies, but I am not ready to put another REAL baby in the mix so for now, Hayes is really my baby still. But here is a little bit about her and what she is up to...

She is so NOT the chill baby she used to be. She is not hard or anything, but she is very chatty, very busy, very mischievous and VERY quick to defend herself. She makes me laugh with what she can get into. We have dishwasher drawers and no matter how many times I tell her not to push the buttons on the bottom dishwasher drawer, she runs it at least once a week...empty. She also loves to sleep with pacis so has several in her bed, but often throws them behind her crib because she thinks it's a game. Or she walks up to me and like a dog would, lays down and rolls over on her back and wants me to tickle her tummy. And her latest is that she wants the Bitty Baby crib to be her crib so I often hear her whining from our room (where Carrie has moved the crib...another issue for another day) and she is whining because she is stuck in the crib...
(She was whining her until she saw my phone camera and which point she smiled and said "cheese" or "sheez" in her words)
When I say she will defend herself, I think the girl has had enough toys taken out of her hand by big sis or been traded toys with enough times that she no longer puts up with it and is very quick to lash out if C even comes close to something Hayes has. She has even started swatting and pinching and at her worst, grabbing Carrie's face. Lovely habits that I am working on breaking. But when she is not doing that, she LOVES Carrie. She follows her around the house, she laughs at Carrie's silliness often and the time that used to be her favorite, days when Carrie is at school and she is home with me in the quiet, she now seems bored and antsy for Carrie to get home. She has taken to trying to sit in Carrie's lap when Carrie watches TV and will stay as long as Carrie will let her...
She has started saying a lot more. Some of her new words are:
Sissy-sounds more like see-see
Tilly-more like Lilly
More
She tried to say Cy-Cy for my mom and calls her Z-Z
Num Num-for food
Mine (lovely)
No No (also lovely)
Boo!

But still mostly to get what she wants, she points and yells "EH!"...Graham and I are constantly saying "Can't hear that enough!" She is so ready to talk so just gets so frustrated when we do not understand immediately!

She is much more determined to do things for herself than C was at this age, I guess because she watches C do them. She eats in a booster at the table now and uses a spoon and will NOT let you feed her which makes yogurt much messier. She tries to put her shoes on. She colors. She loves to brush her "hair."

She also still loves music and loves to dance which is so cute and funny. When she dances she looks like a downhill skiier because she bends forward a little and straightens her arms out behind her and then rocks. Hilarious. She loves cuddles. She still loves to eat. She loves to give kisses and will purse her lips and then say "MUAH!" She loves the dogs except when she is eating then she yells at them. She loves Mickey. She loves being outside (too bad it is 30). She is doing SO well at school...not even crying at drop off anymore. All teeth are in or have broken through except 2 year molars. She naps once a day for about an hour and a half...not super long, but happy to sit in her crib indefinitely so is in there for 2 hours at nap time. Sleeps from about 7-7 still. Talks ALL the time. Loves books now.

Ok that may be all I have for now! But have her 15 month appt Tuesday so we will see how big and tall she is! She does not seem as tall as C was at this age, but seems pudgier :). We will see if doc proves me wrong!

I will end with this sweet pic of the girls walking out of school today holding hands...
I am loving all the sisterly love I have been seeing :)


1 comment:

  1. precious as always! I need a video of Hayes' dancing moves :)

    ReplyDelete