Sunday, February 3, 2013

Snow!

Graham left early Friday morning for a golf trip and when I woke up, we had snow! NONE on the roads, but SOMEHOW school was still canceled. SO, knowing there was not enough snow to last long, I bundled myself and the girls up right after breakfast to go play. C was bummed no school so had to make it exciting. H has never seen snow so it was all new to her! But BRRR was it freezing!

H checking it out...
The girls were really excited when I pulled the sled out of the shed...it was about all that was fun about so little snow!
 
C was dying to build a snow man, but I explained to her we just did not have enough snow.

Action show of C pulling H in the sled.






C attempted a snow angel. Then we had to go back in because we were all FREEZING!
The next morning it had snowed again and there was a little more this time! So waited a little later and then went out again. It was also a little warmer which helped. H could hardly move because of all her layers.

C could do a much better snow angel in this snow!


2 Hello Kitty heads on the sled!


Then our neighbor girls came over and C was so happy to have people to play with! They all loved the slide because it was icey and SO fast! They FLEW down it and just landed in a pile on the ground.
Watching the big girls
Loving the slide
Landing...
They attempted a snow man...still not a lot of snow to work with!
Maeve pulling H in the sled.
These girls had the most fun of all!
I do not love the snow (esp when it closes school), but without G who always loves to take them out, I had to motivate and get out there and it really was something fun and different (for a short time!). I am glad the girls got a couple snow days, but I would be happy to be done with snow for this year :).

Other than that, there has been nothing to report! We have just been trying to stay warm so just been home or playing with friends to pass most of our time! We did have C's parent-teacher conference last Monday which was actually pretty neat. We got to hear all about what she knows and is learning and how she interacts with teachers and friends and it was just fun to hear about. It was also extra special for me after having had a bit of a rough patch with C last summer and just seeing how far she has come. I remember praying so hard last summer for her heart and spirit and just to see the ways God has answered my prayers beyond what I could have even expected was so neat. It is easy to forget these kinds of things in this crazy life, so I want to document them and remember them. I look forward to seeing what all God has in store for these sweet girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment