Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The bad blogger...

Ok it's official. I am a bad Blogger. I hate to make excuses, but I am chairing the auction at the girl's school and it's a big auction so it's a big job! So all my free time this month is going to that as it is coming up! But I will throw out a few pics and some other tidbits. The girls are good. Funny when you have 2 because if one is having a great day/week or whatever, the other one seems to not be! Such is my life a lot of days. Don't get me wrong, we have some super fun, everyone is happy days, but a lot of the time, one of mine will get in a bad mood or act out right when I'm feeling like I'm in a good place! C is definitely really fun and creative and imaginative, but she can also be defiant, argumentative and ugly to Hayes. I know she is 3 so defiance is normal and I know Hayes is her sister so it won't always be harmonious, but in the moment, sometimes it's not as easy as just telling myself that :). Hayes is hilarious and loud and quirky and cuddly. But she is also stubborn, strong-willed and dramatic. She wants independence because she sees her sister get it and she wants food all.the.time. But so many times I look at them either playing together or doing their own thing and I just think "dang, I'm so blessed even without deserving it." So it's all good...just tiring ;). This month has been wild. Graham turned 30, the girls had Spring break, Graham and I went to Miami and now it's Easter time! Whoa. Here are a few pics...

For his birthday, graham golfed with some buds then us wives met them for dinner. Then we had a yummy dinner at Kayne Prime with my parents. And on the actual day, we had family dinner just us 4. C asked if she could dress as a princess for his "party" even though it was pajama time. Was so cute of course I said yes. They loved the cake!


H testing out an auction donation. Good thing I took it elsewhere in a hurry because she loved it! We may be buying it...


Tilly and Carrie snuggling while c was watching tv.


And then comes Miami! For Christmas, Graham's mom gave us 3 nights/4 days of babysitting...amazing, right? So we headed somewhere we knew would be warm and was a direct flight! We stayed at the new St. Regis in Bal Harbour and it was wonderful. I wanted somewhere warm where I could be lazy and for once, be served instead of serve and served I was!! We laid by the pool or on the beach all day and ate yummy dinners at night and that's about all! So nice.

They gave us Champagne when we checked in so we enjoyed it on our balcony.


And we did lots of lounging with drinks.


And had breakfast on our balcony.


And lounged more...


And had some dinner and drinks in South Beach.


And were just down right lazy! It was much needed. And we were so thankful to Mimi for keeping the kids and taking them to do fun things. I think Hayes wore her out...seemed to get in a funk with both parents gone more than a day. It was a good getaway and a good final celebration of the end of Graham's 20s.

We were glad to see the girls for sure. We went to family dinner Friday night which was fun. Hayes truly ate 6 pieces of pizza (no crust) and ice cream. Insane...
And she has no shame!


Now we are just ready for spring weather to come and stay! Thankful for sunshine today. Carrie is at school and has her egg hunt so I know she is having fun. Also, today was the first time I did hook up drop off with her! After Spring break the 3s can do hook up line for morning drop off to practice for next year. C actually seemed a little nervous so I coordinated with one of her friend's moms who was dropping hers off for the first time so I think having a familiar face helped. But it was a little sad for me because she seemed like such a big girl getting out of the car with her bag and walking in without me! I know it sounds silly, but just kind of caught me off guard that I felt that way and how old she seemed in that moment! I know I will love it from now on, though, since it saves me getting Hayes out of the car!!!

Ok Easter post up next. Gonna try to be better at this blog thing!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment