Sugar bean is what I call Hayes. I don't know why except that she just loves to give kisses and hugs and all kinds of sweetness to us. I have been wanting to do a "Hayes" post since she turned 18 months back in April, but I did not even get around to some picture time until June and now it is July 31 that I am actually getting it written. This summer has just been so busy! I am blown away by how nonstop it has been! Between camps, the pool, traveling, playdates, etc, we have not stopped! So as Hayes approaches being 22 months, I am getting this post in. I posted a lot about C at this age so want to do the same for H.
I am amazed at how different 2 siblings can be, especially 2 girls. They are alike in so many ways (lively, loud, energetic, love outdoors, love to read, love their family, scrappy, etc), but in so many other ways they are very different. Hayes is very happy being in familiar places (home, my parent's house) with familiar people. Hayes does not like being dropped off at school, church nursery or anywhere else where I leave her. It blows my mind that C never even looked back when I dropped her places and Hayes has a come apart every time I leave. Carrie also LOVED playing with her friends and still does. Hayes loves playing with Carrie and Carrie's friends or babies, but friends her own age she does not care for. I know this sounds comical, but it is so true. She is so happy just being at home with her family. She loves Carrie and they have gotten to where they can really play so well together which I love. She wants to do everything Carrie does and thinks Carrie is the funniest person ever. But she also craves alone time. She is very happy to play by herself for long stretches of time. Carrie has never played well by herself so this is different, but also wonderful! Carrie is old enough to do more camps this summer which has meant Hayes and I have had a lot of time alone which has been so sweet and fun, but she also just loves that quiet, peaceful time in our house when she can go get her babies and books and sit quietly by herself. Hayes LOVES babies. Real ones, baby dolls...anything baby! Carrie liked babies here and there, but has always been my princess-lovin girl. Hayes is either pushing a stroller or carrying a baby most of her time at home. She is so sweet with them and I just love watching her be so nurturing and loving. She is the same way with my friends real babies and just sits right next to them and smiles and talks to them. Love it!!! Hayes was much slower to develop a vocabulary than Carrie. I think this is because C never lets her do the talking :). But lately, in the past 6-8 weeks, Hayes' vocab has exploded. She knows a lot of words and is making sentences and asking a lot of "what's that, Mama?" to find out what everything around her is. I always knew it would all catch up to her and it has been fun to watch her little brain just take it all in and now pour it all back out. Hayes is also much more dramatic than Carrie. Carrie has always sort of reminded me of a boy in how she handles frustration. She has never been a big meltdown child, more of a feisty one (she is like her mama :) ), but Hayes is all about the drama. Will meltdown in a major way if something is not going her way...has a little temper on her (maybe she is more like her dada? ;) ) Carrie has always been strong in personality, but also a rule follower. Hayes is more strong-willed and more likely to test my limits. In all honesty, being the second, she does get away with more than C did/does, but I guess you discipline all children diferently depending on personalities. Hayes is also our family "class-clown" as we say. She will do anything to get a laugh and it is always quirky things. She will do something weird and then give us a serious look and even Carrie busts out laughing making Hayes want to do it over and over. It is too funny. But as we approach 2, I see signs of those tough toddler years, but I also can just eat her up. She is so happy and cute and just lights up our world. I know she is a tough one at school because she will certainly defend her territory and always pitches a fit when mom leaves, but at home, she is so sweet and wonderful so much of the time and we just adore her. Here are some pics (that I should have edited and brightened up), of her different expressions and big, sweet smile.
Boo!
Serious face.
Cuteness.
Dimples.
Being funny and quirky face.
Sassy girl.
My happy girl.
I have to end this telling you that this sweet thing is getting her 2 year molars and has been waking up at night crying. We are exhausted, but she is handling herself surprisingly well during the day. Praying we are getting back to normal soon!!!
10 years ago

She's so precious! She shares lots of similarities with my 2nd born ;).
ReplyDelete