Thursday, December 31, 2009

Some Facts of Life...

Fact#1: Carrie is officially sleeping between 10 and 12 hours a night. It is fabulous. I, however, wake up constantly checking the time, listening to the monitor and figuring out how many more hours until she will probably wake up.
Fact #2: Daytime television is the pits. I have been watching the Food Network nonstop for weeks. I am starting to see reruns which I didn't even know was possible! I swear if you heard me talking in my sleep, I would be saying "1/2 cup of parm, sprig of rosemary, tablespoon of butter..."
Fact #3: I am yet to make a single recipe of the thousands I have seen and sworn to make. I did write down 5 last night, though so that was a start.
Fact #4: These tollhouse cookies are the best cookies in the world. I would prefer these over homemade any day of the week:
Graham begs me not to make them because we eat them all in like 48 hours. They are both delic but I prefer the caramel.
Fact #5: Dog invisible fence collar shocks hurt. My mom was nice enough to take Tilly's collar out to Invisible Fence to get the voltage amped up (yes, Tilly decided the pain was worth the gain) and then she stuck it back in my mailbox. So when I went to get it, I also got the mail. I got so distracted opening Christmas cards that I walked right over the line with the collar in my hand, prongs on my fingers. Let me say that I was shocked in more ways than one. So being the composed, good person that I am, I screamed "SON OF A B****!" and threw the collar and all the mail over my head. After a few minutes of shock literally, I realized what had happened, did not look around to see if my neighbors were out, grabbed the collar and mail and ran inside. My fingers tingled for a couple hours thereafter. I can see how good of an example I am going to be to Carrie.
Fact #6: This is my favorite new cookbook:
I have now made 4 recipes (Linguine alla Carbonara, Chicken with dijon herb sauce, Boneless Pork Chops Parmigiana and Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes) and they have all been to die for. Graham and I have loved them all and they really only take the amount of time he says they should which is really nice! (As you can see, most of these facts are about food...typical.)
Fact #7: When you are at home with a baby all day, you get desperate for adult interaction. While I have always been chatty and talked Graham's head off, I think he would agree I have reached a whole new level of chattiness. As soon as he walks in the door, I am following him around telling him all kinds of useless information. We need to get out more!
Fact #8: Carrie sleeps great in her crib at night, but has no interest in napping there during the day. She will nap in her swing all day if I would let her, but the minute she gets put in her crib, she either sleeps 5 minutes and then shrieks until I come get her or just shrieks the whole time. Any suggestions from other moms out there? I want her to get her naps in so she isn't fussy so I end up putting her in the swing, but I know she needs to be in the crib so any help would be appreciated!
Fact #9: Since the cat is now out of the bag...one of my dearest friends in the whole world, Paula Chesworth, is pregnant!!!! She is due in July and I could NOT be more excited! Paula has always been my friend who was going to wait a long time to have a child if she ever actually was going to and here she is pregnant! I am over the moon and know that she and John are going to be the most AMAZING parents! As Graham said, "I have seen her with Coco (her dog) and I know she is going to be the best mom." Couldn't have said it better myself! Congrats Chesworths!
Fact #10: I hope everyone has a wonderful NYE and a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 comment:

  1. Yum those recipes from Emeril's cookbook sound AMAZING! I've been in a rut lately cooking the same things so I may need to purchase that one! and I second the CONGRATS to Paula and John! So excited for them! ps...wish I had seen the collar incident!

    ReplyDelete