Friday, July 29, 2011

Rolling Rock Club Part I

On Tuesday we flew up to Rolling Rock Club with my parents. It has become annual to rent the house on the club's property and enjoy a week's break from Nashville's heat. Rolling Rock is in Pennsylvania so the highs have been in the mid 80s and the mornings and nights around 68 or 70. It has been amazing. About a 10-15 degree difference from Nashville. We needed it! And it is so nice to spend a week with my parents since they have been gone to Little Rock so much lately for dad's treatment. I look so forward to coming up here...one because of the weather, but 2 because it is so relaxing. We stay on the club property 99% of the time and just enjoy the pretty scenery and the outdoor activities here. My parents and Graham golf a lot and Carrie and I spend a lot of time at the pool. The pool is much more tolerable when it is 85 as opposed to 97 :). I know I have said it before, but Carrie is SUCH a water bug! She started lessons when she turned 1 and has just loved every second in the pool. Last week her swim teacher told me she does not ever remember having a student who loved the water this much. I am so glad since during the summers we spend so much time in the water! We also walk, ride in the golf cart, eat the best food in the world, nap, eat some more and those of us who are not pregnant enjoy some drinks on the terrace :). This has not led to an exciting variety of pictures, but there are some cute ones so far that I wanted to go on and post so I was not totally overwhelmed when I get home!

Carrie and the baby doll ready for take off!
First day in the pool...and loving our goggles.
Haha I just love the nerdiness of the goggles. She is so proud, too.
Working hard on swimming to the side.

Dancing because she gets so excited.


The next time, BA joined us! She liked swimming back and forth between him and dada.

Kiss.
Working so hard!


BA bought her a kickboard and she liked that!

It was a little cloudy Thursday morning so Carrie and I rode along for about 5 holes of golf. She loves "pwaying goff" so hopefully she will get into it when she is a little older. Dada let her "putt".
Having squeeze fruit in the cart.

Putting with the group.
Caddying for BA.
Making her "hole in 1"

We have met some people in our time up here and one family we have met have 3 kids all 3 and under. They live in Hong Kong during the year, but spend 2 months here in the summer. They had us over for a play date and drinks yesterday and Carrie enjoyed being around kids and new toys! It did take her a few minutes to warm up since she was odd man out with 3 siblings, but she did warm up and have a great time! They have wild blackberry bushes right near their yard so we took the kids over and picked them. I did not know if Carrie would go for it, but she ate them up and kept asking for more! It was so neat and a lot of fun. She is eating one here, but you can't tell. I wish I had a picture of the bushes and how many blackberries they had!


Today has been beautiful so we spent a lot of time at the pool! I usually take Carrie over there and then the golfers come meet us for lunch and play a little after lunch. Carrie swam in the big pool for 45 minutes straight so I thought for sure after lunch she would be ready to go, but no! She wanted to play with dada in the pool some more!

Learned she can sit down in the baby pool...


So wish we had a baby pool like this at our pool in Nashville.
That turtle spits out water and Carrie will only stick her hands in there...freaks her out!
I think we are going to ride into the little town this afternoon for a little while and then it is family night at the pool so we are going to eat dinner there. It will be fun to bring Carrie. She is too young to eat in the clubhouse so we do have a babysitter here that we use when we go up there for dinner which is so nice, but always nice to bring her with us to dinner every now and then :).

We get home on Monday so another post to follow sometime after that!

No comments:

Post a Comment