Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Hayes' Baptism and 5 months old!

This past Sunday was Hayes' baptism day and the day she turned 5 months old. When I scheduled her baptism, I did not realize it was the time change day. Everyone with youngs kids knows that the time change throws the schedules for a loop for a couple days so the morning of the time change is not a great time for a baby on a very normal routine! But when I realized it, it was too late and we just had to roll with it. So where she normally gets up at 7, that was 8 the new time, but Church was at 8:30 so we had to wake her up and feed her at 7:30ish and then throw her in her car seat and go. She was not super impressed with this change from a normal morning when she sleeps in, gets a bottle and happily plays in the den. One thing about this little one is that she likes things just the way they are on a normal day. She likes who she knows and is happy at home with those people. So not only was she tired, she will immediately thrown into an overwhelming situation where new people were all around her and in her face and she decided immediately that she did not like this day. But the good news is, she did great at the actual Baptism part. She only cried once and for just a minute when he put the water on her head, but everyone thought that was funny. Besides that, she was content the rest of the time. And her big sister was her usual spotlight-loving self standing proudly up there and even wanting to walk down the aisle with the Pastor until she found Uncle E, Cy-Cy and BA right at the front. Then she decided to hang with them until Mark got back up to the front with Hayes. It is so funny to see how different these girls are already...C could never meet a stranger and loves big events like this while H is more shy/reserved and loves her mama! Anyways, when we tried to bring H back in to Church for pictures, things fell apart. This was now her nap time and she was not having the photo shoot. So instead of the million pictures we got with Carrie and everyone who came, we only got a family pic with Hayes and this was the only one she was not crying in! But like I said, if she complains Carrie has more pictures than her, it was her fault! I tried :). 
Carrie and her favorite person, Maddie. Their dresses were so similar, it was cute!!
We had a reception at our house afterwards. For Carrie, we invited lots of people and for Hayes, just family and Godparents, but still it was too much for her!! She only got a short nap before people came and she just was not having it! She could handle a room with a couple people, but every time she got in a room that was crowded with people, she lost it. Poor thing. Not a party girl and I am ok with that :).

Here is the table...
And cake pops...
And it was the perfect day for the Webbs to get together since we are a family of Vanderbilt fans because we all got to watch the first half of the game together! There was lots of yelling and cheering! I wish we had been together the whole game to celebrate a big Vandy win! SEC Champs!!

Everyone watching the game...
The little girls reading and playing.
Hayes was happiest when she was in the dining room with Cy Cy away from the crowd.
Hayes is very glad that is behind her, but was still a special day dedicating her little life to the Lord surrounded by loved ones. And even more special because it was her daddy's bday. He was such a sport to share his day and I was so stressed that morning, I forgot to even say Happy Birthday until we were up at the front of Church and the pastor mentioned it. I think I made it up to him when I cooked the meal of his choice for dinner. :)

Sunday was also the day Hayes was 5 months old and because I have a recap of every month for C, I want to do the same for H. So here is what she is up to:

Sleep: Still sleeps from about 6:45 pm-7 am. Naps from about 8:45-10:15 and 12:30-2 with a short cat nap from about 4:30-5.
Eats: 4 bottles a day, usually about 7 ounces each. Has rice cereal at 5.
Likes: Anything she can put in her mouth. If she doesn't have a toy, her hands are in her mouth. She LOVES Carrie. Carrie can get her to smile when nothing else can. She likes to look at herself in the mirror. She loves when I come in her room when she wakes up. She gets the happiest grin. She likes to roll from her back to her tummy, but she does not like to roll from her tummy to her back...it scares her.
Personality: Just like I said above, this girl loves to be home with the people she knows and loves. She is a baby who is either SO happy or SO mad. Makes me laugh. I call her "0-60 baby".

I love this new munchkin so much! I love just burrowing into her fat chin and cheeks or her big belly and hearing her giggle. I love her toothless smile. I love how she tries to hug me close when I hold her. I love her. I am thankful for her.

We are off to Columbia Friday-Sunday for a wedding and to visit some of Graham's family and then on down to Ford Plantation for Spring Break week. I hope to get a post or 2 up during our trip!

Loving sunny and 78 right now so hoping to go enjoy it with my girls!

2 comments:

  1. I saw her baptism in the church bulletin at the 11am service and I was so sad we miss it! I am sure Mark made it an even more special moment. Your girls are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete