Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spring Break Part 1

Last week we went on a 9 day trip. I had anxiety going into it traveling in the car for 8 hours with 2 kids under 3, but now I am so happy we went! It was all so much fun! Sorry for the delay in posts...I left my computer in Columbia and got it back yesterday. So it may take me a while to get all caught up on the blog! But I am going to start with the first part of our trip which was a weekend in Columbia to go to a wedding of a dear friend of Graham's and to see some of Graham's family. We left Friday morning on the long trek. And of course, Carrie got a backpack full of travel goodies to keep her occupied...books, DVDs, etc...
She was super excited to open it!! I was SO glad we did it because the DVDs saved us! The 8 hour drive down was actually amazingly easy! Both girls were SO good. I was worried about Hayes stuck in that car seat facing backwards for so long, but she was great! She took great naps and was happy talking to herself the rest of the time!
When we got to Mamaw's house in Columbia, it was dinner time so we basically ate, bathed, went to bed that night. The next day, Papa picked up Carrie and took her out for a fun morning. They went to Edventure (a fun place for kids), the merry go round at the mall and Chick-Fil-A...C's favorite! She had a blast and was pooped when she got back. The good news is that both girls slept GREAT on the trip which made it much easier on us. That afternoon, Graham and I had to leave early for the wedding and the girls spent the afternoon with Mamaw, Aunt Tink and cousin Allison. They had Tea Parties, they colored, and just had a great time. It was so nice to know they were well taken care of! Here they are before we left for the wedding...
With Mamaw...
I am having fun matching them :)
With Aunt Tink.
With Mamaw and Allison...
We had a blast at the wedding. It was beautiful and so good to see all of Graham's friends. We don't get back there enough so when we do, we always love it.

The next morning Mimi and Fran came to Mamaw's house to see the girls and have lunch. They were involved with the wedding so staying at the hotel an hour away where the wedding was. So it was nice we got to see them before we left. Here are the girls with them...
They loved Mamaw's porch swing. Swinging with Fran....
Then we all went out to lunch before we went on our way. It was a fun weekend in Columbia and long overdue. We will back there in just 6 weeks for another wedding and are excited to get some extra time there this Spring!

At nap time, we left to drive down to my parents house at Ford Plantation where we spent the rest of the week. We had a blast and I have a million pictures so that post will be up next :)

No comments:

Post a Comment