Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Hayes is 6 months!

Wow...cannot believe Hayes has been with us half a year already. Having 2, this has just flown by so much more. I remember when Carrie was 6 months thinking how big that seemed and how long I had had her and with Hayes, I just cannot figure out where time went! I feel like she should still be a newborn! With the whirlwind we live in, time seems to fly...sometimes. Carrie is a such a wild woman these days so poor Hayes is just left to sit and watch most of the time! But she is a good sport and truly, there is nothing she would rather do than watch Carrie perform. Carrie makes her smile all the time. She thinks Carrie is the coolest, funniest kid in the whole world and since that may change at some point in the future, I think it is pretty cute right now. Hayes has really come into her own and started to develop a personality. Most of the time she is a chill, happy, chatty fatso who just takes it all in and smiles to boot. But when it is not that time, she has a little temper! She knows that to get any attention in this house, you have to make yourself heard so she will! Especially during witching hour :). But more often than not she is just in my arms or in her exersaucer smiling and looking around. She laughs a lot now, too, which is so much fun. I cannot hear it enough so I try to make her laugh all day long. She ALWAYS gets the hiccups from laughing! She is still rolling over, but not totally sitting up on her own yet. She can sit for a few seconds, but then starts to fall. She is getting there, though. She is still a good sleeper and her daily schedule looks something like this:
7: wake up and have oatmeal and a bottle
9-10:30 nap
10:45 bottle
1-2:30 nap
2:45 bottle
5:30 oatmeal mixed with fruit and a vegetable
6 bath (every other day)
6:40 bottle
7 bed
In between naps and feeds, she just hangs out with Carrie and I and she is a trooper about being drug around to all of Carrie's things.
She is not as big of a fan of the bottle as Carrie was. Carrie would take down 4 8oz bottles a day with no problem and would have loved more. I offer Hayes the same amount, but she usually leave an ounce or 2 in every bottle. She does seem to love food so far, though. Her favorites are bananas and sweet potatoes, but she has also had and liked apples, pears, peas and carrots. She loves fruit mixed into oatmeal. I am going to try some scarier things this week like broccoli and zucchini...we will see if she likes them. I made a lot so hopefully she does! She is definitely chunky like Carrie was and I love it. I just want to kiss her cheeks all day! And she would let me. She is SUCH a cuddle bug. Because Carrie was held and cuddled nonstop, she didn't crave it quite the way Hayes seems to. Hayes will just put her arms around me and squeeze or lay in our lap forever and just smile or reach her hands up to me and give me sloppy kisses. She is just SO SO sweet and I love that. I have loved adding her to our family this year and she fits in perfectly. Even Carrie cannot imagine life without her and wants her wish us all the time. When we left Hayes with my mom for Church on Sunday, as were leaving the house, Carrie said "Mommy, we forgot Hayes!" She does not like to be without her which is really cute. And the other night as I made dinner, Carrie and Hayes were in the den, Hayes in her exersaucer and Carrie running around, and I just hear them both laughing. Carrie is up by Hayes dancing and Hayes is laughing so hard which makes Carrie laugh so hard. So I just stopped what I was doing and watched as long as it lasted and I thought "someday, I am going want this moment back so badly so I do not want to miss it while I have got it."

Love my sweet girls. Hayes, you have brought so much joy to our lives and we cannot imagine life without you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment