So my girls have both officially started school! Or schools in Hayes case. This year Carrie is in the 3 days 3s at St. Georges and goes M/W/F and Hayes does Mondays at St. Georges and Thursdays at Immanuel. Carrie started last week and has been having a BALL. The highlight: her classroom has dressed up. To say she is obsessed with dress up would be an understatement so she loves going to school to wear their pretty dresses. She also loves her teachers and Ms. Jackie who leads her music class that she gets to do this year. So far, Carrie has been off to a great start. Apparently she has been listening very well and had fun playing nicely with her friends. I am so excited about this year for her. I know she is going to love it and learn so much.
And then there is sweet Hayes. Hayes loves who she loves and who she knows. If she knows you, she loves you, but if she doesn't, she might lose it. And she also doesn't love loud places with lots of people. So all this amounts to: Hayes does not love school. Luckily for her, Mondays at St. Georges are half days. So it is really just a day and a half, but she also goes to the Church nursery while I do Bible Study for 2 hours Wednesday morning and then also the Church nursery on Sundays so she feels like she gets dropped off a lot :/. She did great last week during Bible Study, but when I left her at Immanuel Thursday, she lost it. 2 days in a row did NOT suit her. So when I dropped her at St. Georges today for her first day (and my first day with both of them in school :) ) I expected mega tears. To my surprise, she did not cry when I left her! And I did not get called to come get her! So I really enjoyed my 3 hours and was very productive. But when I got back to pick her up, they said she had been sad off and on. They said she seemed tired and then fell asleep in the stroller and felt better after her nap. So until she drops this morning nap fully, I think school will be hard because she will be sad on top of tired. But I am just hoping she will soon realize that I always come back and that school is a fun and safe place!! But I did get a cute picture of the girls on Hayes' first day in their matching dresses Mimi made them...
So here's to a (hopefully) good school year! I am praying for great things this year for these 2 sweet girls that we love so dearly.
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment