Thursday, October 24, 2013

Hayes is 2!!!

Ah! I cannot believe my baby is 2! I still feel like Hayes is such a baby, but I guess it is fact now that she is a toddler :/. But oh my gosh I love this little one. She is funny, quirky, tough, loud, snuggly and dramatic. Hayes is funny because she is either the sweetest, most loving little thing and I just want to eat her up or she is in full on tantrum mode and I feel like I am going to lose it! haha. But really I just cannot get enough of her these days. She wants to just talk and hug me and do things to make us laugh and we are just so blessed to have her. It was so fun to celebrate her on her birthday. I am not sure she has ever had all the attention on her and she did like it! Sissy had a hard time letting her have all the attention and the new presents ;), but it was a great day. First stop was to get chocolate chip pancakes at Le Peep and she LOVED that part! She ate a ton and even finished off my corn beef hash! (She wore her birthday crown from school, too!)
After we ate, the girls had fun with all of Hayes's presents and just playing at the house. They had fun playing princesses together :).
We did not do a big birthday party for Hayes because we did not feel like she would be into that so we just invited family (+ Godparents and our beloved sitter, Sylvia) over for tacos (Hayes' favorite) and cake! She loved her Dora cake...it turned out really cute!

She was SO excited to blow out the candles on her cake. I just love this video and will forever cherish it and her pure joy and excitement to "blow" (out the candles).




Ready to dig in!
 
So for her birthday party, Mom and I took the girls down to the American Girl store in Atlanta. Hayes loves babies so we thought she would love to go get the bitty twins and some accessories for them, but truly, Carrie enjoyed it much more! Oh well!!!
Carrie saved her birthday money from her great grandmothers to get her "big girl" American Girl. Meet "Lyla Carrie"...


Then we went for birthday lunch at the Bistro. Problem was Hayes was still full from a huge breakfast so she was not hungry at all! She did like her crown...

And they liked the chairs for their dolls to sit at the table with them..

Hayes liked trying to feed her baby doll, too.
And herself!
But she did not want lunch so her and Cy-Cy walked around while Carrie and I had a yummy lunch. Hayes did come back for her cake and was excited to blow out more candles!!!
And she loved the ice cream the most! So that was her lunch...
It is definitely a place we will go back to when they are older, but it was fun to get Carrie her doll and get her excited about it! It is really fun for me too :).

Hayes, we love you more than words can say. You pretend you are tough girl, but truly, we know that you are our sweet snuggly "sugar bean" and we thank the Lord every day that He lent us you! You have brought lots of extra smiles and laughs to our home and our life and that is truly a wonderful thing.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment