So as most of you have heard, we are expecting one Miss. Caroline Virginia Young! We are filled with so many emotions, I cant even explain it! We are feeling blessed beyond our wildest dreams, thrilled, grateful and just happy happy happy! Thank you to everyone for the prayers and support...everything looked totally normal and he said "She has a gorgeous heart." It was just what we wanted/needed to hear! To explain the name...Caroline is my Grandmother's name (fondly known as 'Big') and she went by Carrie growing up as will our little princess. Virginia is Graham's grandmother's name. We just love family names and both of these ladies have profoundly influenced our lives and changed them for the better. So it is our honor that they are willing to share them with us! So Carrie, you have big shoes to fill and we know you can do it! We just already love her so much. I cannot wait to see Graham with a little girl. He will be so wrapped around her finger and I told him I know she will be a daddy's girl! We had a surprise waiting for us when we returned in the form of this:

The sweet Mulloys did this for us and tried to make it anonymous, but that didnt last too long! Thanks guys! It was such a fun surprise...well until our across the street neighbor thought Carrie was 20 weeks early in her arrival...
I also decided I would post a bump picture. I have been hesitant, but am biting the bullet. I am aware that it is still a small bump...people keep telling me this, but she is certainly growing so I am sure in the next month, this will be changing!

I also have to show a picture of the shirt from the front. I am proudly sporting it now. And let me say I am only doing this for the shirt because I hate this picture. I look like a dope...

So we can ignore me in this picture and note the shirt. Also, I had to get the one off the manequin because all the girl shirts had sold because EVERYONE is having girls! Must be in the water...
After finding out it was a girl, we just HAD to buy a couple girl things to celebrate so we headed to Plaid Rabbit (Also where the shirt came from...) and picked out these 2 little outfits...
One has little crabs on it because we will certainly be taking Carrie to see Mimi at the beach when it gets warm next year and she has to fit the part! The other is more fallish because Graham wanted something cute for her for when she goes to Columbia for Thanksgiving to meet his whole fam! We had to add the cardigan since it will be November! I later realized neither have pink, but I am fully confident she will get plenty of pink! I never looked good in pink so maybe I am not as drawn to it?
And finally, here are some pics from the Ultrasound yesterday!
I know these are small. I havent mastered scanning. But from top to bottom I will explain...
1) Her laying on her back giving us a #1 sign! This is our favorite!
2)Her face! Look at those big eyes! So sweet.
3)A little foot!
4) Her long leg! Maybe she will be a track runner too!
Again, we are so blessed and want to thank everyone a million times for the prayers and support! It means the world to us and Carrie will have so many wonderful people she will get to meet come this Fall. She is going to be one lucky little lady!!!
YAY for Carrie!!!! She will be SO loved...sooooooooo loved!!!!!! I can't wait to meet her!!!!!
ReplyDeletecongrats! i wanted to guess girl on your last post, but felt weird since i didn't know you. ha!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! How exciting and you look adorable!!
ReplyDeleteWow this kiddo isn't even born yet and she is already showing the unrelenting competitive spirit of both her parents- (#1) A little scary if you ask me...haaa :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! We are so happy for you and Graham, can't wait to meet her!
ReplyDeleteVaughn, Callie and I can't wait to meet little Miss Carrie! We are so excited for y'all! Graham is going to be a great father, and it will melt your heart to see him with his little girl! :)
ReplyDeleteIt was so fun seeing you on Friday and I cannot wait to meet Carrie!!!! Love you all!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!! The baby bump and new t-shirt are too cute!
ReplyDelete