Tuesday, May 5, 2009

In Other News...

2 new updates in the Young household:
1) Saturday we got Miss Tilly back
2) Had another doctor's appointment yesterday

1) So we got the call Saturday morning that Tilly was ready to come home. We were so excited to finally go pick her up and to see how much she had learned. When we got there, they took us back to the training room and then brought her in, but didnt show her we were there. She was so cute and proud as she went through her little routine, heel, sit when they stop walking, stay, go to her place and stay, walk over the bridge etc. She did so well and then she spotted us. That is when those little feet started dancing. She was so excited she was about to bust out of her stay position. They took her over the bridge again and told her to stay and she fell right off 2 times in a row because she was too excited! When she finally got to come greet us, she peed all over the floor! We were so happy to be able to just pet her and love on her! Then they took Graham and I both through the routine and showed us the ways to keep it up when we brought her back. She did so well. He said they kept keeping her and he wasnt sure if they needed to keep working with her or if they just didnt want to give her back! They loved her just like we do. She is so hyper, but has the biggest, sweetest heart. He said the only thing that drove him crazy about her is how "squirrely" she is. We were like um yeah, that is why she is here. But he said that has more to do with age and will fade with time. He said we had to work with her constantly and that she will still jump when people come by and we just have to work with her nonstop. So now that we have her home, we try to do the routine a few times a day and to show her that we run the house and not her. She is starting to learn how things have changed! She still cracks me up, though, running around corners and almost hitting walls she goes so fast and then starting jump on the couch and just bouncing right back because she knows better. I think my favorite was yesterday when I was trying to treat Shammi's hot spot (a whole nother deal...) and she would not leave us alone. I walked her 7 or 8 feet away and put her in her stay position. She was so good that I actually forgot to release her until I hear this little growl/bark thing! She was like hello! I am still in my stay! So no worries for Graham about her losing her sassy personality...it is still there! But we are trying so hard to get her even more disciplined. It will take time, but this was definitely a step in the right direction for us so we will see as she gets older!

2) Doctor appointment yesterday went well! Everything seems to be measuring on schedule and the heartbeat is still fast and strong! (it was 150 yesterday...is the old wives tale true? is it a girl???) We got a lot of questions answered including the conclusion that I should not fly to Fort Lauderdale this weekend. I was so sad, but we realize that it is no longer about us, but about the baby and if that is what is best, that is what we will do. So if I get the Swine Flu anyways, that will just be icing on the cake! We also set the big ultrasound appointment where we can check all the health stuff out and find out the gender! So look for an announcement on that May 21! We are counting down the days! I just want to be able to stop worrying about everything that can be wrong or go wrong (I know I wont stop worrying, but this will help anyways...we hope!) So a prayer request right now is just for a good scan and good news all around from that! We are antsy for sure...

Those are the big things going on right now as well as Shammi's hot spot. I cannot even get into it because she has thrown herself the BIGGEST pity party and acts like she is dying and cant move and it is the most annoying thing in the world. All it is is a red spot that hurts! The fact this it is on her back haunch seems to make her think she cant move or something so I have to herd her like cattle...literally like lasso her and drag her out to pee. This must come to an end soon or I will lose it with her. I do not know how I raised such a weenie!!! I mean she has woken us up the past 2 nights crying because she wants to lick it because it itches (we hope so we know it is healing) and she knows we wont let her lick it. If you think I need to be more patient, try to take care of her for 1 day and lemme know how you feel. I would just leave her in her spot she lays in ALL the time if I didnt care...not drag her out to use the bathroom and put scrambled eggs I make FOR her on her food and carry water to her wherever she is so there is love here, just not anymore patience...

Anyways, hopefully next time you meet Tilly, she will be better behaved and also hopefully Shammi will be well and normal and we will be on speaking terms again! Until then, I am off to let them out for lunch and try to keep squirrely away from pouty and also keep my sanity!!!

3 comments:

  1. i'm a friend of kristen scott's and am due about a month before you. can't wait to hear what you are having :-) also, we are flying somewhere tomorrow! should i be worried?! after you cancelling plans, i feel like i need to call my doctor ;-/ yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, I dont want to keep you from flying! My trip was to Florida for a weekend at the beach and he said he might avoid unnecessary travel for now, but that I would probably be fine if I went. We didn't like the probably part so we decided to cancel. He also said if I was exposed and got treated quickly, all would be fine, but since this flu is more respiratory, if I got it bad enough, it could cut off the oxygen flow in my body including that to my baby, but again, that was if we didnt catch it early. I totally think you will be fine so maybe call your docotr to reassure yourself, but have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, i'm really not willing to cancel my trip...so i was relieved when my doctor said i was fine! ha. at least calling made me feel better :-) sorry you're missing the beach...BUMMER!

    ReplyDelete