Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Carrie update...

So yesterday we had our 'education ultrasound' for some students at Vanderbilt and it was SO fun! We got there at 3 and didn't leave until 5:30 which was wonderful because we got a very thorough look at her! The students were really just being tested on finding, measuring and taking pictures of specific things, but they told us everything they were looking at while they were doing it and told us all her measurements! They said the heart was perfect and they kept talking about how she had the most beautiful arched spine...not only was I grateful for this, but I thought oh how fitting Graham's daughter has a nice spine! After being in the operating room watching children and adults get their spines fixed every day, I am sure he was even extra relieved. It was too funny. The students were thankful I didn't drink caffeine before so they didn't have an out of control baby in there they were trying to measure, but they did comment of how hard she kicked and how they could feel her kicks on my stomach. I told them I am always amazed at her hard little kicks for how small she is! When we first started, it was so funny because she looked like she was reclining and she had her little ankles crossed! But most of the time, she stayed on her tummy...she seems to like that. I thought 'oh great, since she won't be able to actually sleep laying on her tummy when she is out, I am sure she is going to let me hear about that!' Because she was on her tummy, it made it a little harder to do the 3D part because apparently it is easier when she is on her back. She also seemed to REALLY like her hands on her face. I mean she did not want to move them. She rubbed her eyes, she sucked her fingers, she did anything she could to not let us see that little face, but we got a couple little peeks!


If you can see it, that is her little face! The only thing we can really determine is that she has Graham's little mouth! There were only a couple of times she let us see this little face! She was a little bit dramatic (go figure) so here she is telling us she is tired and please leave her be...
See her little hand rubbing her eye? Yeah, she did this a lot! Here it is on video too...

She also punched herself in the face once which startled her a little bit...sadly, we were all kind of laughing!

The other thing she really liked was playing with her toes. I am glad she is enjoying this, but it is time for her to not like the pike position! They said it is so early that position doesn't matter because she will flip many more times, but she is head up right now. Here is a video where she grabs her feet...

Sorry for the video overload, but here is just the 2D of her grabbing her toes...it is a little easier to see...

There were many more pictures of her and videos, even a video of her yawning so it is fun to have all of that! When we weighed her, she was 1 lb 10 oz! I was kind of surprised she weighed that much! She measured about 8 days ahead, but they said that is within the margin of error so doesn't necessarily mean anything. I say the sooner the better!!! Her leg measured like 10 or 11 days ahead...guess she will have her mom's legs!

Overall, we learned a lot about her and loved seeing her in action!! The next time we see her, we will be officially meeting her!!!

6 comments:

  1. SO FABULOUS!!! I love all the pics and videos!!! You can REALLY see her and what she is up to....that is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8 days ahead??? does that have any indication on when she will come out b/c if so then I think I may win the award for girl and due date!! she is PRECIOUS though and I love all the pics and you can totally see her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so fun and amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing these...I can't believe you can see little Carrie moving around and see her face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is just beautiful! We can't wait to meet the little lady! We are so happy she's healthy and strong!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is insane, i had no idea they could do these kind of things!

    ReplyDelete