Monday, June 22, 2009

Celebration weekend...

Well this past weekend was jam packed with fun birthday events and father's day as well! My birthday was Saturday, but the celebrations began in the office Friday morning when Callen brought in hot Krispy Kreme doughnuts. They were DELIC and a great way to start off a pregnant birthday. The next stop was SATCO where Callen and I met Caroline for my favorite lunch followed up by some Zoes Chocolate Cake! By noon, I had eaten 3 of my very favorite things! It was a perfect beginning to the bday!! Then after work, Graham brought home some beautiful flowers to go along with the Diaper Bag he had gotten me for Carrie which was a fun surprise as well...


Friday night, Graham and I met a few people at the new restaurant/bar The Patterson House. It was a really neat place, kind of reminiscent of a speak easy. It is more known for its unique cocktail list than for its food, but the food was great to me! They also made me a mocktail of their famous drink the Juliet and Romeo which was delicious and a fun change from water. Here is the group at dinner...

The food was more like small plates with things like Shrimp corndogs, tater tots, bruschetta, sandwiches, sliders etc. I enjoyed all of it. My favorite thing about this place was the focus on ice. The owners think type of ice can make or break a drink. So they have 1 type that is called a glacier ball. It is literally a snowball sized ball of ice made from a mold they got from Japan. There are only 12 like it in the US and each ball takes 5 minutes to make! It is 1 persons job there to just make these. No one else was as fascinated as I was with these, but it was just really cool.
There it is pictured in their famous Bacon drink. Michael and Chris tried this concoction made up of bacon infused whiskey, coffee and syrup and let me just say they did not enjoy it. Michael had already ordered a panini with Bacon on it and when it came, he couldn't even eat it. It was pretty comical. I cant wait to go back here when I can sample the real cocktails. I recommend it to anyone for happy hour and even the food was good! The making of each cocktail is a show in it of itself so that is another fun aspect. To top it all off, Jen brought none other than my favorite Gigi's cupcakes...
Tiramisu was what I tried for the first time and it was awesome! So that was another of my favorite things to add to my bday list!!

Saturday we lunched in Franklin at the Mercantile Deli and then went next door to Ivey Cakes to get a strawberry cupcake which was amazing! I had never had her cupcakes and they are to die for! I plan on going back soon...

Saturday was so hot that I could not muster up the energy to do much so we ate at La Paz then saw the Hangover which is hilarious. It was a perfect birthday overall!

Sunday was Father's Day and even though Graham isn't technically a dad, he kind of is now! So I had to give him a little surprise...

He LOVED this! Just showing him that little girls can be sports fans too! And for Father's Day, he golfed in the morning and then spent the afternoon in his ideal way...on the couch, watching the US Open and dozing in and out of naps. I didn't ask him to do one thing or one errand so I know that was a treat for him! Finally, last night we went with mom and dad to Sperrys to celebrate joint birthday/fathers day which was of course, delicious!

So anyways, was a great weekend and thanks for everyone for the birthday wishes! I know I also promised an updated bump picture which I promise to do this week!

5 comments:

  1. SO FUN!!!! Glad your birthday weekend was such a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this update!! you did not mention the new carrie mobile lady!!!! I think that's a pretty exciting part of your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you had such a fantastic weekend! Everything looked do fun and I am golad I got to do a little celebration with you on Friday!
    Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you tell I was typing waaaay to fast and a little distracted in my comment before? Oh babes!

    ReplyDelete