Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It just keeps growing...and growing...

Yes I promised an updated bump picture. I am so bad about taking these. And to make it worse, I never think to do it when I am dressed to go out or dressed for work...it is always in my pajamas when I look my worst, but that is okay. For effect, I am biggest at the end of the day anyways so that could be 1 reason to do it then. But this is last night...I am just about 6 months pregnant now...


Definitely a difference from the 20 week picture!!! Who knows how big I will get since 2 weeks ago she weighed 1 lb 10 oz and my day by day baby calendar told me just 2 days ago that she should weigh about 1 lb 9 oz. She is probably 2 lbs by now! My nickname when I was little was 'moose', though, so if she is big, it will not be altogether shocking.

Other Carrie updates are that today, the first step will be taken towards getting her nursery done and that is painting all the trim and priming all the walls. Not super exciting, but it is a start! Below is a picture of her room now...


So obviously, it needs some touching up! But I wanted to snap a before pic and I will take pictures along the way until it is done. I really don't feel like it will come together until September so don't hold your breath for a picture of a completed nursery, but everything has been ordered at least! It is really hard to explain what it will look like but the colors will be mainly a darker, brighter pink, a pale pink and a key lime green. This whole nursery is geared towards making a room that she can grow into so it won't be as babyish...but still super cute! (we hope!)

Also, last night the car seat cover came in. I ordered a really plain one thinking that she will be wearing some outfits with bright patterns and will also have a pink support thing around her head so I did not want to over-do it! What was so funny is that I just imagined you slip one of these things on, no problem. Well not so much. It requires a little more 'assembly' than that. You have to take the whole canopy apart and then unleash all the harnesses from the back of the carseat and then re attach them all. Let's just say Graham did not think the directions were super clear and I was very glad I had decided to have the crib come put together! In the meantime I was having flash forwards of my Christmas Eves from here on out. I kept checking on his progress last night and I am not kidding, the first 3 times I went in there, he was sitting in the same place, canopy in his lap with nothing accomplished. I knew better than to hover and stress him out so instead, I would go back to cooking, but I laughed the whole time. I will say he did not give up and it is all back together now so here is a picture of the future Carrie Carrier (for now that is what Graham calls me...)

As I emptied Carrie's closet last night hoping to avoid making her clothes smell like paint fumes, I couldn't help but snap a picture of her closet before being emptied. I laughed to myself as I pitied Graham for my first child being a girl...this is a closet of clothes for a child that has not been born! But it is not all just me! We have had such wonderful gifts from friends and family that have accelerated filling her closet...


I cannot wait until she is here and wearing all these adorable things!!!

Also yesterday we met with Carrie's future Pediatrician Dr. John Long who is Dr. Bill Long's son. Dr. Bill Long was Vann and my Pediatrician who we just loved so it was so fun to keep in the family! He was so helpful and we loved everything about him and his practice so we feel really good about that!

And on a non-Carrie note of which there are few these days, this past weekend my dad invited Graham to play in the Belle Meade Member Guest. Graham had the BEST time and is so sad it is over. Overall, they did really well! They were runner up in their flight and only lost by ONE stroke! I know they were bummed about that, but they did great and more importantly had so much fun! So our newest addition to our bookshelves is this...

Good job, men!

This post fails to mention Tilly's latest medical issues. Let's just chalk it up to a bad UTI, but the truth is, Tilly has some female issues. If I knew that everyone who read this blog understood my sense of humor, I could throw in a really funny post about Miss Tilly. Kind of sad, but funny. But since it involves her little girl parts, I am not going to write more than the fact that our Sunday morning began peacefully with a trip to the doggie ER and ended with a recommendation from our vet yesterday that she have a form of plastic surgery done on her unmentionables. Let's just say we told them no thank you! For now, we will just treat her infection and hope it does not become an ongoing issue and are glad she is happy and feeling better!

3 comments:

  1. I have to say the Carrie's closet is fabulous!!!!! I love all her little things!!! She is going to be so fashionable!!!

    Poor Tilly girl!! Poor little thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look precious and I cannot believe it has been almost 6 months!!!! i cannot wait to see the nursery - it is going to be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. neel! you look beautiful! i'm so excited for y'all. i love seeing your pictures, keep em coming. love you, swin

    ReplyDelete