I just have 2 little updates to post about little (or big?) Miss Carrie...
1) Yesterday I saw my belly actually move for the first time. Now when she is kicking, it isn't just me feeling it, but now I can see it! Weird!
2) We just had another doctor's appointment which was the Gestational Diabetes Test. They won't have the results until Monday or Tuesday, but they said no news is good news so we will pray for no call! Between the TWO times I had blood drawn for the test, we had our regular check up and everything was great...still a heartbeat in the 150s, my blood pressure and weight were all good, BUT as I have posted before, they did confirm I am measuring a week early. She said 2 weeks either way will cause a change of due date, but not 1. I knew she was a big one, though! What I find SO interesting is that my due date is technically October 11 but a week ahead would be the 4th. My brother,Vann, passed away October 4, 2002 so I guessed this due date a while ago! I guessed it when my dears friends who are throwing me a shower told me that the date they were considering was August 8...which is Vann's birthday!! I, of course, loved the idea of doing something celebratory on a day that made me think of him so we set it then! I am not by any means able to say Carrie will come October 4, but I do find all these correlations with him and these dates comforting to me. It kind of makes me feel like he is still a part of this exciting time even though not on this earth. If you want to know 1 more interesting thing, 1 more way I know he is around, then I have to tell you that we knew if we had a boy, his name would be Vann. We did not know a girl's name right away, but after some thought, we obviously settled on Carrie after my grandmother, lovingly known as 'Big.' Well, Vann LOVED Big...we all do, but you know what I mean...he was her little angel child and he knew it and loved it. Well when Vann got sick, he got really into Baseball and started a collection of baseball memorabilia that is incredible. I mean signed balls, bats, jerseys, etc from the best of the best like Mickey Mantle etc. But what we didn't know was that he had all the bats inscribed "Carrie". It was just what he did when he got a new bat. So when we told my mom that we had decided on Caroline Virginia and to call her Carrie, she immediately showed us the bats. The only thing that threw me at first was that it was a girl and not a 'Vann' but after seeing how much 'Carrie" meant to him and his knowing that Big could really use a pick me up since we just lost Grandad in January, the same month we got pregnant, it really all fits together. So call me crazy, but I believe it. The Lord works in mysterious ways, right?
10 years ago
I have chills! Wow, that is amazaing!
ReplyDeleteI have chills too!!! I knew all the cool stuff about the dates but I didn't know about Vann having all his baseball stuff signed to Carrie...that is amazing...CHILLS. But I'm not surprised...the Lord has been faithful to you Neel, even in times of suffering and sadness. He will continue to be faithful!!! Can't wait for Carrie!!!
ReplyDeleteneels I have chills about the baseball bats. it is truly amazing how He works!!!
ReplyDeleteWow...God is amazing!
ReplyDeleteI actually am so sad to hear about your brother...Doug and I had no idea. I guess all of this happened before we knew you or Graham. Thanks for sharing Neel!
Neel! I love your blog! It's so fun to hear all that is going on!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness Neel...there is no way it is all just fate sister! Our Lord does work in mysterious and beautiful ways. Thank you for sharing...I loved this post!
ReplyDelete