Monday, July 27, 2009

Such a Fun Weekend!

This past weekend, 2 dear friends from Furman, Stephanie and Sali, came to Nashville for a visit! Last year we met in Chicago where Sali lives and then in DC where Steph lives. This time it was my turn to host! It was probably perfect that it worked out this way because Nashville is definitely the most low key of our cities and low key was just what they wanted (a break from big city life!) and just what I needed!!! So Sali got in at noon on Friday so we went to the Picnic for lunch and then saw Harry Potter! I was so glad to finally see it. It was good...the books are just better, I am sorry! Then we went to Davis Kidd which was so fun for me because I LOVE going to bookstores!!! Got 3 new books so my work it cut out for me! Then we picked up Steph and went to Cantina Laredo for a yummy dinner! Saturday we shopped till we dropped...they even humored me and let me go out to Pickles and Ice Cream! That night we got sushi at Virago (all cooked for me!) and it was SOOO yummy! I hadnt been there in so long! Then Sunday morning it was off to the airport. It really flew by...sad. But we had so much fun catching up so thanks for coming girls!!! I loved it!

Before Virago...I am not lovin' pics of me right now, but had to document that they were here since we have taken pics every other time!
Once the girls left, Graham and I ran around getting stuff done and then we took the dogs to Radnor Lake for a much needed walk! After that, Graham took Tilly to the Mulloys house for a play date with Turk and Bailey and for a swim! Let me just say that Tilly went to bed at 9 last night and did not get up once. When Graham let them out this morning, she went out and then when I let them in, she did not even look at me, just walked past back into our bedroom, jumped back on the bed and went back to sleep. I finally had to make her get up so I could make the bed. We are going to need days like that more often!


As far as Miss Carrie goes, there is not a whole lot new to report! She has been VERY active lately and when Graham and I were laying in bed last night, she did a full out roll...my whole belly shook! Graham finally got to see how active she really is and we loved it! It was too funny. As far as her nursery, this should be a good week for it because I think we will have the walls done and the rug in very soon!!! I cannot wait for her room to finally start looking like a room!


And finally for big weekend news, my roomie and dear friend Grace Brock Clark offically moved to Chattanooga, TN. Her husband, Will, has been there working for a while and they have been updating the cute house they bought, but now she has offically left Charlotte and moved back to TN!!! I am SOOO excited to have her back here. I was hoping for Nashville, but this is so darn close! Now we are only 2 hours apart and I am so glad that Carrie will get to know Aunt Grace even better since she will be close. Love you, Clarks! Welcome back!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an excellent weekend. I can't wait for mine! And while you are excited, I am jealous that Tennessee stole Grace. Another reason to visit!

    ReplyDelete