Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Progress...

I have several updates to finally give! First, this past weekend was Childbirth Class. I will not go into too much detail about this...you have all either heard it all or will hear it all at some point. For those who havent, I sure don't want to be the one to tell all that we learned. Let's just say it was VERY enlightening. We learned A LOT. I do not know how I could have not done this class now, but I am definitely kind of scared of the whole labor process now! I felt like Rachel on "Friends" in the episode where she watches the video of the woman giving birth and she screams "Why is that baby torturing that woman?!" I told Graham that is how I felt and he said "I kind of feel that way too!" haha. But I do feel much more prepared and know more of what to expect. On top of information overload, they show you helpful things like where to park, get you all pre registered so you don't have paperwork when you go in and gave us a lot of handouts with good information like what to pack in the bag for the hospital and what are good things to have when you bring the baby home. I think my favorite thing was Graham putting on the "belly" thing. It was weighted to show how much we carry. He had it on for all of one second and the teacher saw him and was like "Graham, you barely had that on at all!" He replied "that is heavy, there is no way she is carrying all that!" Haha. I just eyed him and explained that this is why I can hardly get out of the car! I think he had a new appreciation for all of it when the class was over! So the 10 hours of class was definitely worth our while. And the rest of the weekend was fun including dinner at Zolas with the Corns and Maddie Camp's 2nd birthday party! She was too cute!

Yesterday, 2 good things happened. We had a doctor's appointment and Carrie's wallpaper went up in her nursery. Since people have been asking about both, I will start with....the nursery!



Tada! Her room is FINALLY pink. I think it turned out so well and am SO excited about it. I have to say when Mary mentioned wallpaper, I was like no way! But when she showed me some, I fell in love with this one and am so glad I had her help! It just feels like a fairyland already! The big picture is kind of blurry because my camera could not find a focus point, but you get the idea. So hopefully now, stuff will start to trickle in, but I am glad it finally looks like a little girl will be in there!!

And more importantly, the doctor's appointment went really well!! They did not move my due date, but said she was measuring perfectly! Cannot ask for more than that! Other good news is that she is head down and in position...I asked him if this really mattered this early and he said it is highly unlikely she will move...she can, but it is unlikely. So that was great news! We will pray that she stays right where she is! My blood pressure was good, her heartrate was good and all else checked out well so we are feeling very blessed once again! Now my appointments will come every 2 weeks until I am 36 weeks and then they will be every week until she is here! So fingers crossed that time flies and fun things like my first baby shower this weekend are really gonna help with that! I cannot WAIT for the shower and cannot WAIT to see some out of town friends! I promise pictures after this weekend from all of that!

3 comments:

  1. Love Carrie's room!!!! SO precious Neel!!!! And you had me crackin up about Graham puttin on that belly....I can only imagine his reaction :) can't wait for this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud you did the class! I was terrified and decided to just "wing" it. Not sure if that was the best thing, but it all worked out in the end! Love Carrie's room, great job on the wall paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the wall paper...its so cute...especially in person!!!

    ReplyDelete