Asparagus & Chicken Carbonara
8 oz rigatoni
2 c. 1 inch slices asparagus
1/2 c. beaten egg (2 eggs...)
1/2 c. evaporated milk
2 t olive oil
1/2 c. chopped onion
1/4 c. dry vermouth
2 c. chopped, skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
1/2 c. grated parmesan
3 T fresh parsley
3/4 t salt
1/2 t pepper
4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
Cook pasta in boiling water 10 mins. Add asparagus in last 2 minutes. Drain in colander, reserving 1/3 c. cooking liquid. Combine reserved liquid, egg and milk stirring with whisk.
Heat nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add oil and onion to pan and saute 2 mins. Add Vermouth , cook 1 minute. Add pasta mixture and stir to combine. Remove from heat, stir in milk mixture, chicken and cheese. Place pan over medium heat and cook 4 minutes or until slightly think, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in parsley, salt, pepper and bacon.
I cannot remember in what magazine I found this, but we absolutely love this one. I love Rigatoni because it is a more al dente noodle. I also love Rigatoni recipes because they are generally pretty salty for some reason...the salt and the bacon in this recipe really make it that much better.
My only tip would be to fully prep before you start cooking. I have everything chopped up and measured out because once the pasta is boiled, the rest happens really fast so you need everything at your fingertips.
Enjoy!
I love new recipes so keep them coming when they look this delicious!
ReplyDeleteyummmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!
ReplyDelete