Monday, August 10, 2009

I Feel Very Blessed...

to have such wonderful friends! This past weekend was my first baby shower! It was thrown by 15 incredible friends and was so special. I had been looking forward to it for months, but it even exceeded my greatest expectations! From the baby pictures of Graham and me to the delicious food to beautiful flowers, it was all just too much! Every detail was so well thought out and I felt like I had to walk around 100 times to take it all in!!! Since I cannot even begin to explain it, I am just going to post some of the pictures so you can see for yourself!
It all began with the adorable invitation!

And this was the precious wreath that was up as you walked in the clubhouse...

And this was the first table you see. It had baby pictures of Graham and I, an adorable diaper cake and cutest of all, a children's book for Carrie that all the guests signed with notes for Carrie! How special will that be for her to look back on??
This was another adorable table in the front room with these beautiful flowers and precious letters! I cannot wait to get her bookcase in so I can place these letters on one of the shelves!
And here is Caroline, one of the fabulous hostesses, with the food table. The food was so delicious and included quiche, tomato sandwiches, cucumber sandwiches, chicken salad sandwiches and fresh fruit.
And for desert, my favorite Sweet N Sassy cupcakes and petit fores! Delicious!


A few other cute touches...the adorable Carrie napkins, beautiful pink champagne cocktails, and the glasses complete with mine tied with a cute flower!

Me and 4 of the hostesses...Laura, Lauren, Me, Grace and Keats.
Me and a couple more hostesses...my McGuigan gals! Caroline, Me, Callen.
Mom and me sitting down for lunch.

More guests/hostesses! Top: Katie, Margaret, Claire and Erica. Bottom: Amy, Jenny (hostess), Lauren (hostess) and Audrey.



Then it was time to open all the fun gifts! The cute Carrie basket was from all the hostesses and was stuffed with all kinds of adorable things from monogrammed burp cloths and onesies to a set of Carrie's towels and even a painted wine glass that said "Forget the pickles and Ice cream, I am craving WINE!" and the other side said "Mommy's sippy cup." It was TOO cute and they all know me too well...that will certainly be put to use! Overall they were just too generous! Other gifts included the stroller from mom, highchair from my mother in law, and everything from sweet gowns to cute towels to swaddle blankets to portable diaper changing pads to childrens books and I could go on and on! Here are just a few pictures of some of the gift opening...

the sippy cup...for me!

Angelina Ballerina!
One of the many cute outfits she got!
I want to post a picture of everything she got, but this post is getting too long already! But there is not ONE thing I got that I do not LOVE!!! So thank you to everyone! I cannot stop going back to her room and looking through her new things over and over again! She is one lucky little lady!
And finally, these were the adorable favors as you walked out...Strawberry Yummies! The best!

Here is a picture of me and the 11 out of the 15 hostesses who could come. Bottom:Callen, Me, Jenny. Top: Grace Johnson, Keats, Laura, Caroline, Dana, Grace Clark, Lauren, Paula and Christina. (Missing: Taylor, Sharon, Minje and EA) You all are the best! Thank you again for such a special and amazing day! I will never forget it!


On top of an amazing shower, the weekend was made even better by the fact that Grace, Paula, Dana and Christina all came in town to be there to help and to have a weekend to play! It was too fun to see them since we do not get to all get together that often. We had so much fun going out to nice dinners, shopping and just catching up on everyone's lives. Thanks for making the trip, girls! I loved having you all and miss you all so much! It meant a lot to me to have you there!

This is us at Cantina Laredo Saturday night.

I know this post is super long so I hope I didn't bore you, but I did not want to miss 1 detail and would have made it even longer if I could have!!!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT ALL!!! The shower was SO much fun!!! I can't say it enough Neel...I am SO excited for you!!! Can't wait for Baby Carrie to arrive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had an amazing shower! Not to mention you LOOK AMAZING!!!! Carrie got some really cute stuff and I love the Angelina Ballerina book, I have all of my old ones that I just put on Anne Morgan's bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute shower! I had such a wonderful time...sorry I had to leave early! I agree...you look amazing. Loved the pink dress!

    ReplyDelete