Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Long 4th of July Weekend...

This past weekend was such a nice 3 day break! I had Friday off and Graham had most of it off as well which was perfect. Friday we actually took Tilly swimming and I must say it was hysterical. She is just so darn good at it and almost like floats on the water, just barely paddling to stay up. She loved it when she got in, but mostly Graham was putting her in and not her going on her own, but one time, she was not paying attention and jumped through some monkey grass only to realize that where she would land was not the ground, but the pool. Her face was priceless as she just soared, 4 legs splayed out and belly flopped right in. But she really just would stay in for a long time, drinking the water as she went. It was definitely comical. That night we had the beginning of the 4th festivities starting with a neighborhood picnic. It was great because we have met several neighbors on Skyline, but not all so we got to meet many more that night. It is such a wonderful neighborhood with such nice people and A LOT of kids which was so fun to see. The kids range from baby to college so Carrie will certainly have some playmates which will be fun. After the picnic dinner, someone shot off wonderful fireworks at Julia Green and Graham and I just got our patio chairs and sat in the front yard and watched. It was such a great night. Saturday morning kicked off with the Skyline parade which was awesome! I had no idea what to expect but ALL the kids bring their bikes/wagons/big wheels/whatever down to a house at one end of the street where there is breakfast and decorations and they just go to town decorating their transportation of choice. It was hilarious. They were all so into it. The parade is led by one of the men on a tractor and then everyone else in tow as they go all the way down the street and back. I didnt have my camera at the beginning to get a good picture, but these will give you an idea...(and they said this was one of their smaller ones they have had in the past 15 years they have done it!)



I wish I had some better, closer ones so I could show you all the decorations, but you get the idea. And that massive thing in the background on the 2nd picture is a waterslide moonwalk...yep, it is! After the parade, the kids get to play on that and then move on to the neighborhood pool party! I was kind of jealous of them! Here is a closer look...
Overall, it was fun to meet everyone and got us reallllly excited for when Carrie is here and gets to enjoy such a fun street. Graham and I were already like hmm, wonder if she will ride in a stroller or a wagon in the parade next year?! Hehe. Good times ahead!

After all the neighborhood fun, we headed over to the Mulloys to swim, cookout, and we thought watch the fireworks. The afternoon was perfect, but unfortunately, with night came rain so we did not get the much aniticpated fireworks show, but it was still a great time!

Sunday was low key...Church, cooking etc, but we did go see The Proposal and we really liked it. It wasn't cheesy at all and it was really funny. Good casting with Sanrda Bullock and Ryan Reynolds. I would definitely recommend it!

Only Carrie update is I think I have felt her have the hiccups for the first time which is fun. I am enjoying any and all movement and consider each kick a huge blessing. I just love confirmation that she is there and doing well. And, if you didn't notice, my pregnancy countdown went to less than 100 days this past weekend! Feels like a milestone, but at the same time still feels like so much longer!! We can't wait!!

2 comments: