Monday, July 20, 2009

I love my husband, but...

How would husbands survive without their wives? I mean I really want to know. They may say the same for us, but I just have to share this story with you...this is 1 of many stories along the way, but it made me laugh. I wanted to cry, but laughed instead. So as has been said, I went to the beach for a week. I left Graham at home which I was sad about but the man has to work! And he is trying to save up days for when Miss Carrie arrives which is definitely more important! So I tried really hard to prepare him for a week of independence. I made him his favorite chicken artichoke pasta and stuck it in the fridge, I got the dogs boarded for 4 out of the 7 days I was gone so he could work without worrying about them. And I wrote him a list of things to do. This was not a demanding list in my opinion. I mean one of the items was "Feed the dogs." Is that a lot to expect? I think not. Others included changing his billing address on one of his accounts...I cant do it because he has to be the one to call. Another was get his emissions test done. Now I did not really expect this one to happen, but here's hoping! And the final one was to go to the grocery store after I left on Saturday. I was going to go, but he said "No, no...I can handle it, just write down what we need and I can take care of it." I knew better, but appreciated him saving me the trip so I wrote down the things he needed for the week. It said Water, Bread, OJ, Milk and Baking Soda. ( He didnt need the baking soda, but it was on my list and figured how hard was it to grab that...hard, apparently...) So Sunday he calls me and says "So when you put bread on the grocery list, you really meant we didn't have any, huh?" I was like yep, that's what I meant. He said "Well I pulled out all the stuff to make my BLT and n0w have no bread." I was like well either go get some or put it on an English Muffin. He said " No, no, I am on my way now." I was like ok, well that is why I told you to go right after I left. So anyways...nothing else was said about this until Friday night (the night before I come home) and he calls me and says "Do you need these things from the grocery store or are you going when you get home anyways?" I was like well, I was hoping not to go at 5 tomorrow when I get home, but I have to have milk for breakfast the next morning...didn't you go to the store already? He said "No, but I can go on my way home tonight." I was like well you told me you were going Sunday to get bread for your BLT. He said "No, I didn't." I was like yes, u did, but whatever. I was like I guess I can just go when I get home tomorrow, but I am annoyed you haven't done one thing on the list! Of course that annoyed him since he was working so that was that on that conversation. So, he goes to the store on his way home from work with his list. He handled the milk, bread and the water just fine. But when I opened the fridge, I was like OJ with Mangoes in it?! Ewe, I dont even like mangoes! He was like "Oh, sorry, I didn't even see that on there." I was like ok it is written huge across the label, but ok. ( I guess he just went to the OJ section and grabbed something the color of OJ). So then he was like "Oh yeah, and they didn't have any baking soda." Hahah oh man did Mom and I get a kick out of that. Like yeah sure the store was all out of baking soda. Oh it still makes me laugh to myself. So he decided that he needed Coke 0, a toothbrush and deoderant for himself apparently because he got a coke 0 out of the fridge and said "Yum, Coke 0 Cherry...I didn't see that it said Cherry on there." HAHA I was like do you look at ANYTHING you buy?! I mean I am laughing really hard at this point. So I go to write out what I need to go to the grocery for the next day (Baking Soda, OJ) and he says "Oh, Can you add deoderant and a toothbrush for me?" He said "I put them in my cart yesterday, but forgot to scan them so I had to leave them there and didnt want to wait in line again." AHAHAHAHA. That was what happened when Graham went to Kroger for less than 10 items. I just looked at him and was like "How are you a person? I mean, thank goodness you got married young! What would have happened to you?!" Men. Gotta love 'em.

4 comments:

  1. HAHAAHAHHAHAHAH!!!! That is HILARIOUS and sounds all too familiar!! Thanks for sharing. And congrats on being in your third trimester, Carrie will be here before you know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too good...boys are so lucky to have responsible wives! I also love that you put feeding the dogs on his list of things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I am laughing hysterically to myself right now!!!!! That sounded like a script on a sit-com!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is fantastic and i love it and yay.

    ReplyDelete