Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I have been so delinquent...

I know I have been MIA on my blog, but there is really not much to report from the Young house! I am thankful for this because things have just been going along smoothly! Because I am keeping this blog to keep you all updated, but also for my own records to look back on, I am just going to bore you all for a little bit on what Miss Carrie has been up to! She is movin' and shakin' these days and I love it! Not a day goes by that I dont feel her somersalt or kick or just move in some way. It is the best feeling just getting the reassurance that she is doing well in there and is an active little lady. Last Monday we had a doctor's appointment and while we were in the waiting room, Graham got to feel her kick for the first time which was really fun. At the appointment, they went over the Ultrasound with us and everything checked off as normal which we loved hearing even though the Radiologist had kind of already implied this. She said I am growing at just the right pace which is also good. Then we heard her little heartbeat racing along again which never gets old to me! It was 156 this time so still going fast! Next Wednesday we are going to Vanderbilt for an Ultrasound because right now they are offering them for Education Purposes so we thought why not take another look at her?! I cant wait to see how much she has changed in just 4 weeks!!!

The other exciting thing we are doing is getting started on the nursery. Decorator extraordinaire, Mary, helped us pick fabrics, furniture, light fixture etc and I just LOVE it all. It has been so fun to kind of picture what Carrie's room will look like and I will send updated pics as it starts coming along! The idea was to do a room that would transition with Carrie until she is 8 or 10 so we dont have to change it before then and I think what we picked will really do that! I have also been trying not to be too too bad about buying her a lot of clothes, but let's face it, that is easier said than done! So she does have some cute things, but I am trying to hold back!!!

Other than that, life is just going along as usual which is nice. We are going to Virginia Beach this weekend to visit Graham's mom and we are really looking forward to that! It will be Carrie's first beach trip unbeknownst to her, but she will certainly have a lot more beach trips in the future which we cant wait for!

Well, happy June everyone! I will try to be better about my blog than I have been this past month!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for a new post! And yay for all of Baby Carrie's cute new clothes!!!!! They are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete