Monday, February 15, 2010

My Funny Valentine...

What a fun weekend! Friday night was low key, but perfect...takeout sushi and the opening ceremonies of the Olympics. I am an Olympics junkie and am SO excited they are on. How perfect that I have been so bored by daytime television and now I have a good 4 or 5 hours of Olympics to watch during the day followed by another 3 or 4 at night! woohoo for that! Saturday we had our first real babysitter (a non relative) and went to an engagement party and then out to dinner. It was wonderful. And for Valentines day, we ate a big breakfast, turned on the fire and watched Olympics ALL day while playing a few card games and drinking hot chocolate. I did not get of of my pajamas! Then we cooked a yummy dinner and yep, watched more Olympics! What made it the perfect Valentines Day, though, was our little lady. It made Valentines Day even more special to have her to share it with! And she loved the day too! It started with this fun piano that her dad and I got her for V-day! She loved hitting the buttons and listening to the music!
And she got a build-a-bear from her Papa (Graham's dad) and it is so cute and special!

And her Mimi and Fran got her a cute little outfit to wear! It was a wee bit big, but she will grow into it and get to wear it a while! It isn't strictly V-day so that is perfect! She wore it all day yesterday!

And then her Cy-Cy and BA came over and brought her a pink themed package with a new Lilly dress and an adorable bathing suit! They also gave her a "Lovebug" ladybug stuffed animal that is really sweet.

And then she got into her V-day jammies that her dad and I got her! Look at that chunky face!!

She finally went to bed, but didn't want to because she had such a fun day! She squealed all day and was so happy! She loves Valentines day! Carrie, we love you so much and you bring us so much joy we cannot even put it into words! You have shown us a whole new kind of love...happy Valentine's Day angel!

After she went to bed, Graham and I had a yummy dinner and watched the Olympics. A friend recommended the Engagement Chicken from Barefoot Contessa and it was DELIC! I highly recommend cooking it one night. It was lemony and has a yummy onion/lemon gravy. SO GOOD! Here is the link if you want to try it...
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/engagement-roast-chicken-recipe/index.html

Happy Valentines Day and happy Olympics! GO USA!

1 comment:

  1. SO FUN!!! I love all of Carrie V Day prizes, especially that swim suit...adorable!!! Sounds like the perfect weekend!

    ReplyDelete