Ok since I have started using the website that turns these blogs into books, I need to keep up with all the little details of what is going on with Carrie so we can look back and remember it all! So I m going to bore you with the details if you want to read on...
Carrie is saying SO much more even in the past few weeks. Besides the mama, dada, baba talk she says...
baby (a million times a day...it is getting a little excessive actually haha)
cheese
shoes
ball=bllllll
uh oh= uh uh
banana= nana
wa-wa
hot= ha-ha
please=pees (we are working on saying please for things...it will take some time for sure!)
all of her grandparent's names: cy-cy, BA which is now B!, Mimi and Papa along with calling Uncle Elliott E!
A lot of animal sounds:
What does a cow say? "Moooo"
What does a kitty say? "Meeee" (She wont say the ow part)
What does an owl say? oo-oo
What does a sheep say? Baaaa
What does a bee say? zzzzz
What does a horsey say? Nay
I have a video of this but the TV is on in the background so I need to get one where you can hear her better.
Everything I read and everyone tells me I am about to enter the age of "No!" so I try to avoid just using that word alone so she doesn't hear it a lot and want to say it, haha. I say "no touchy" or "no ma'am Carrie" ... anything to avoid just a no! so she maybe won't pick up on that just yet.
Carrie is still a great sleeper going to bed at 7 and still sleeping until 7 and napping from about 12:30-2:30 or 3. She is a bit of a picky eater, though. It is less that she doesn't like things and more than she doesn't like to try new things haha. And she just goes through days where she isn't hungry and then has days where she eats a ton so I think I am just having to get used to that erratic toddler eating more than anything. But she LOVES all fruits, anything to do with cheese including cottage cheese, anything type of pasta, veggie burgers, quesadillas, goldfish and chicken nuggets. She does not love many veggies...only corn, green beans, broccoli cheddar nuggets and occasionally she will eat squash, zucchini or peas. She does not seem to prefer any type of potato or carrots. She also does not love sweet things which is fine. She would much rather have a goldfish or cracker than a graham cracker or animal cracker.
Carrie is such a happy girl. She loves to run and squeal and shout and dance and giggle. She definitely tests me still, though. For example, she knows the toilet paper is a no touchy and she minds that almost all the time, but occasionally, she will look at me and then touch it to make sure I am going to follow through. But she understands when I tell her something is a no touchy and she obeys pretty well overall. (Right now the big no touchy is the Christmas tree!) She also has her toddler temper tantrums. She is OBSESSED with Praise Baby DVDs and she only can watch 1 a day and sometimes she asks to watch it and I tell her we can't and she cries and cries. I just have to distract her or let her get over it on her own. And she is also of that age where she knows what she wants, but she can't tell me so there is a lot of frustration and impatience involved in the form of "Eh! Eh!" and arm shaking. Oh well, I guess it comes with the territory!
Carrie LOVES to be outside still so I am sad it is getting so cold. She always wants to play with the balls outside and swing. She also still enjoys her music classes and Mother's Day out. She is taking swim lessons now and I wouldn't say this is something she loves, but she really doesn't seem to mind it and she is doing really well! It is just her and the teacher so I don't interact, but the teacher said she is doing well learning to float on her back and getting better at holding her breath underwater. She also is really good at kicking and shows me often in the bathtub. Bath time is also still a favorite time for her and Santa is going to bring some new bath toys so we can bring some new excitement.
Carrie is growing every day, I swear it. She is so tall it just blows me away. I put some 24month corduroy pants on her today and they are only about 1 inch too long.
Carrie has a bit of stranger danger, but she warms up to people quickly. Especially if they give her lots of attention and let her put on a show for them. She loves to put on a show for everybody. This morning she stood in the den and showed Graham and I that she could put a tag back on top of a present and once we told her "wow! good job!" she did it 100 times. The girl loves some praise!
She still LOVES toys and books and especially her baby dolls. She is really good about looking through her books. It is about the only thing she does well alone, but it is really cute to peak in her room and see her sitting there looking through all her books.
Ok well I think that is all for now. I am going to get some videos up someday...
10 years ago
Taylor= Ddddd :)
ReplyDelete