This past weekend was super busy! It is always nice to have fun things to look forward to out of the house, but with 2 kids now, it always gets a little hectic!
Saturday afternoon, Carrie was invited to her friend Owen's 4th birthday party. Nothing gets Carrie more excited than a birthday party...mainly because she loves cake! But his party was a cowboy theme so she was pumped to put on her cowgirl gear! I could not even get her to stand still long enough for a cute pic...thought I was gonna lose it! But this one turned out good enough...
When we got there, we could not believe it...there was a real pony! Carrie keeps telling me she wants to ride a horse so she was super excited about this. It was a little hard for her to wait her turn, but it was worth it in the end! She looked so cute up there and we just could not get over how fast time is going. I cannot believe she is old enough to do a pony ride without holding my hand!
I wish this were closer up because she is looking back at us and smiling ear to ear...so cute.
A little lopsided towards the end!
We had to leave a little early because Graham and I had somewhere to be that night, but she would not let us go without getting to sing "Happy Birthday" and getting a cupcake. So I made the mistake of letting her grab one on the way out to eat in the car. Yikes! It was a disaster.
Yes, that is chocolate icing she wiped all over her tights.
She had so much fun at the party. She even tried her first chocolate milk. Those are her 2 favorite things so when I told her they had chocolate milk, she looked at me like that was the most amazing thing she had ever heard. She downed 2 Yoo Hoos in like 5 minutes. When we got home, she was literally bouncing off the walls! I told the sitter she could stay up until 7:30, but when we got home from our party, she said Carrie had asked her to put her to bed. I think she may have crashed hard!
On Sunday, we had another first. Hayes' first trip to the Church nursery. I have been dreading this for 2 reasons...1) germs, but I am over that because Carrie will bring home germs anyways so Hayes is gonna get whatever is out there whether she goes or not. 2) Hayes does not like to leave me. I am adjusting to this as best I can, but Carrie has never been attached AT ALL. So I did not know how this nursery thing would go. Well let's just say it was good and bad. On the good side, we left her at 9:40 and she made it until 10:30. The bad news...Sunday School lasts until 10:40 so we definitely got our first page ever and had to leave. At least it was just 10 minutes before it was over! We got there and sweet thing was so upset. They said she did great for about 25 minutes and then started to cry and cried off and on until they finally paged me. It took me a while to calm her down, but in the end, she was fine! They said that is totally normal for a babies' first time and we did not even take Carrie until she was over 6 months so who knows what would have happened. Hayes is just 4 1/2 months so I will cut her some slack. I think I should have gotten there a little earlier and helped her transition better. But hopefully she will get more used to it every time. The problem is she eats at 11 so 10:30 is approaching hungry time and if she is hungry and without me, it is a bad combo! I am going to have to keep working on this attachment thing! It is tough to get used to! People seem to tell me a lot that the second children are more attached so I think this is normal, but why? Maybe because they do not get the one on one the first child got so they crave mom more? I don't know, but she is starting Mother's Day Out in May so it is time to start getting used to it little lady!
Here is a cute pic of the girls all ready for Church before we left...
Was a fun and tiring weekend. I am pooped. Graham was out of town for work Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and he left Sunday for a hunting trip with my dad and gets back today and I know all his girls will be glad to have him back!!
10 years ago

Oh, sweet Hayes! Hopefully, every Sunday will keep getting easier and easier on both of you. Have y'all started a new book in SS? We want to attend once y'all begin the new study, and then Reid and Hayes can keep each other company in the nursery:-)
ReplyDelete