We just got back from an amazing wedding weekend in Lexington, KY. My cousin, Jay, and Tayler got married and we were all 4 honored to be a part of it. Everything about the wedding was beautiful and perfect. However, I would be lying if I said I did not have some anxiety going into it knowing C was going to be a flower girl. Being 2 1/2, you just never know how things will go! I am glad and relieved to say all went well! We got a babysitter recommendation and she was an answered prayer. She was at the hotel both nights and was so calm and great with the girls so that was a huge help. It allowed Graham and I to really enjoy the rehearsal dinner Friday night and to leave Hayes behind for the wedding Saturday. She made a short appearance for pictures, but I just thought sending her down the aisle and trying to keep her happy during her witching hour was too much. So we took her back to the hotel and focused on keeping C in line! The only time I got nervous about her behavior was before the wedding. She came 2 hours beforehand for pictures and I just did not think to bring things for her to do. I had packed her a backpack to help her sit quietly through the ceremony, but nothing for before so once she got pretty bored, she started testing me a bit. But once the wedding started, things went great! She walked down the aisle with the 2 other flower girls with no problem! Then she sat with my parents and thanks to a bag of M&Ms and some princess books, she was occupied and mostly quiet and still for the ceremony! And after the ceremony, the wedding was like a little girl who dreams of being a princess's dream! A huge cake, Tayler looking like a princess in a horse and carriage and all, dancing, food and people she loves! She had a ball! I brought my camera and never managed to get it out of my car...with all of us in the wedding, there was zero time to get it out and get pics so I will just wait anxiously for the photographer's pictures! But I got a couple shots on my I phone...
Bride and Groom with kids in the wedding...

Tayler with flower girls...(Doesn't Tayler look amazing?!)
Jenny feeding her cake!

And then some dancing! She danced with Graham and I, but I had to post these videos I got of her dancing with my dad, my grandmother (her name sake!) and a little boy who actually asked her to dance! She said yes and it was the cutest thing!
Before the wedding, she had told Jenny she was scared, but on the way home, she said "Can we go to another wedding tomorrow?" The kid had a blast! I took her home around 9:30 and then went back so Graham and I could relax and have a good time with out worrying about any kids! But the weekend was gorgeous and a blast and I am so proud of Carrie!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment