Monday, August 26, 2013

Beach Trip to Perdido

For our final trip of the summer, I took the girls back down to Perdido. After my girls trip in June, I knew I wanted my girls to get to spend some time there as well so I am so glad we did it. Graham didn't have any more vacation time so he drove us down Saturday afternoon and then left Monday morning. His mom flew in Sunday night and stayed with me and the girls and drove back with us on Thursday. It was so nice that Graham got one day at the beach and then it was so nice that his mom could come be with us when he was gone!

Sunday was our first day and it rained most of the morning. When it was not raining, we let the girls go down in their PJs to look for shells for a bit...


When it started raining again, we headed to brunch. H had her first of many fried shrimp meals...girl loves fried shrimp just like her mama!
That afternoon while the girls rested, Graham and I had a beer and played cards which was a nice break.
The afternoon was cloudy, but no rain so we went down to the beach and had a lot of fun!!
Sandcastles...
Snacks...
Can you believe how big she is getting?? Looks so old to me these days :(.

Hayes favorite thing at the beach was feeding the birds. As my animal lover, I am not surprised. The birds loved her too :).
The girls really enjoyed the ocean!!!



That evening, we picked Mimi up from the airport and went to the Crap Trap for dinner. We discovered this amazingness there...a playground on the beach with picnic tables you can eat on right there! Great for the kiddos.
The next day was beautiful! Hooray for lots of fun on the beach.
 C and Mimi shell collecting...
 Did some lounging, too!
 Jump!








 C could have stayed out there all day. She was often just by herself having a big time playing. Love these pics of her playing in the surf...


 C loved the boogey board...H tried to love it...

 We had our snacks and our lunches on the beach in our lounge chairs.
Monday night we ate dinner at the Gulf. It was our fav spot on our girls trip and I knew the girls would love it. The girls and Mimi and I all loved it! It was so fun for the kids to be able to run around on the beach and for Mimi to enjoy some drinks while they played.

The next morning looked sunny so we got all ready and went to the beach for all of 20 minutes before a storm came. We took the opportunity to take the girls to lunch and to get Hermit Crabs. I had a ton of hermit crabs growing up so wanted my girls to get to experience them :). Lunch at the Shrimp Basket was so yummy...appetizer was best part: fried pickled okra. Yum.
Got our crabs! One is lively and fun and the other is a dud, but oh well.
Their names are Zuzu and Charlotte.
Zuzu is the fun one...fitting. H scared him several times, but he was still crawling everywhere.
The afternoon was beautiful so we had some more beach fun! H got her sunglasses on!
And C went surfing!
Loves it.

Then H had her snack in the shade.


Mermaid castle complete!
H liked staying in the shade (my kinda girl) and driving her trucks through the sand then dipping them in a bucket of water to wash them.
After a big lunch out, we stayed home for dinner. Girls ate on the balcony just like they did for breakfast every morning.
We were lucky to have another pretty day Wednesday for our last day!














By the last day, the girls had had a little too much together time so it was hard to get a good pic of them. This was my best one...
More shells and surfing in the afternoon!

We tried to get a good pic before dinner, but still was not happening. Wednesday afternoon the girls were tired and fighting and I was tired and it was just time to be heading home the next day so it was a perfect amount of time. This was what I did get...



We went to The Point that night. I have been going there since I was 2 and I love it. So many good memories. After a yummy meal, we let the girls play some songs on the jukebox and dance. It was SUCH a fun way to end a long afternoon and a fun trip. The girls danced and danced with me and I just felt in that moment like after an afternoon of wanting to pull my hair out, I was the luckiest mom in the world. Amazing how kids can do that. It only takes a few sweet minutes to make up for a long day.

This pic was on my phone...found C reading a book on the balcony. Love the sweetness.
This was the sunrise the morning we were leaving. Made it harder to leave! But Sat-Thurs was the perfect amount of time for my kids. They were tired and it was time to get home and get back in our rhythm before school starts this week!
It was a really fun week and I am so glad we went. C was at such a fun beach age. She could really enjoy all the great things about the beach. And after a good long weekend at home, everyone is rested and enjoying each other again just in time to start a new school year :).

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: