Friday, January 29, 2010

4 months!

Well I know I have been slacking a bit on the blog, but today Carrie is 4 months! We went to the doctor this morning and all went really well, minus the shots and the screams that followed. That always breaks my heart, but now she is sleeping soundly and seems to be doing okay. Her stats were as follows:
Weight: 15lbs--79%
Height: 25 inches--77%
Head: 16.7 inches--85%
So she is hanging out right around 80th percentile for her age so that is great! She has hit all her milestones and he was very impressed with how well she follows people and lights and even more by how much she talks! He said she doesnt talk a little, she talks A LOT!!! He wouldnt be so shocked if he knew me better :) haha. poor Graham.

He also said we can start rice cereal and then onto fruits and veggies if that goes well so we may try it this weekend! The girl eats more than average by 6 oz or so a day (I think normally they eat between 28-30 oz a day at this age and she eats around 34) so I think we need to add the cereal to help fill up her tank!!! I will make sure Graham videos it so I can show her first attempt at eating from a spoon. He also said no worries that Carrie wont nap in her crib. As long as she is doing her 12 hours in there each night, napping in the swing is fine! So yay!!!

In other news, I am sorry I have been such a slacker of late! We have not been up to much, but did have Graham's mom and Stepdad (Mimi and Fran) here last weekend which was really fun. Carrie loved getting massive amounts of attention and Graham and I enjoyed the company! And she got even more into laughing so she was cracking up a couple times which was precious. Graham and I also got to get out and see a movie for the first time which was so great. We saw Avatar in 3D and I really liked it and liked the 3d, but felt like the US Military was portrayed in a bad light so I was not a fan of that part! But anyways, that is not the point of this update so I wont get on my soapbox about that.

And finally, today begins a winter storm in Nashville. I never believe the weather people anymore. I mean they call for 3 inches, we get a dusting so I was not going to buy into the mad dash to the grocery store that us Tennesseans do, but I believe the weather people were actually right this time! We already have about an inch of snow and it is just coming down. They say by noon tomorrow we could have 7 inches! Luckily, we do have plenty of food, a couple movies to watch and a fire! OH and hot cocoa! So we will be fine, but it is a slight bummer in that Carrie was going to spend the night with my mom tomorrow night and Graham and I were going to get a fun night out...doesnt look good for that right now :( but there will be other opportunities for a date night. So to all you crazy Southerners who bought 2087234 bottles of water and 230947 can of soup and 387376 loaves of bread, you may have won this time! However, 24 hours of snow does not justify stocking your pantry like it is Y2K...so when the roads are clear Sunday, you will need to start chowing down on that bread and milk! Then I will head to the uncrowded grocery store to get a few items that will fit in my fridge and pantry without problem. So I am going to try to enjoy this snow day and hope that it does not turn into a bad ice storm and no power. Fingers crossed!

I promise pictures/videos in my next post. Happy weekend and snow days!

No comments:

Post a Comment