Oh my heavens, where to begin. I mean this has been the most fun month of my life! Carrie is changing so much every day...learning new words, how to do more things, how to play games with me, how to eat table food, and so much more. Every day with her is such a blessing and I am just having a blast. She is SO happy, too which makes it even more fun. People always comment on how happy she is and it is the truth! She was even sick this month and if not for a runny nose and some yucky diapers, I wouldn't even have known! She is too busy to let anything drag her down. Let's see, what are some new things to share...
*Carrie is able to stand up on her own...but she doesn't trust herself a lot so she sits down shortly after.
*Carrie can wave hi and bye now. She does it when she leaves the room and when she sees her dada.
*Carrie went down the stairs backwards today for the first time all on her own which is huge because we have 2 stairs down into our den and 2 into our playroom so her being able to go down them safely is big!
*Carrie pulls the curtains in our bedroom over her and when I say "Where's Carrie" she pops out.
*Carrie can play chase. I get down and crawl with her and she will chase me and laugh while I chase her.
*Carrie is starting to be able to point out people's noses thanks to her Mimi. They worked on it while we were gone this weekend so when you ask "Where is my nose?" she can point to it...sometimes. If she isn't too busy with other things.
*Carrie is officially a good table food eater! Her favorite is still cheese and anything to do with cheese. She loves string cheese, cheese quesadillas, grilled cheese, broccoli cheese nuggets, english muffin with cream cheese, macaroni and cheese! haha. She also likes peas, bananas, peaches, sweet potato cubes, turkey, chicken meatballs and the list could go on. It makes taking her out to lunch so easy because I just put food in front of her and she is occupied!
*Carrie likes Sesame Street, Yo Gabba Gabba, The Wiggles and pretty much anything with songs and childrens voices that comes on TV.
*Carrie is obsessed with her children's CDs and it is all we can listen to in the car. If I try to get a break and turn on my music, it only takes one song for her to get furstrated with me and we go back to her music. But it makes her enjoy the car so that is fine with me!
*Carrie LOVES books. We have to read several books before each nap and before bedtime and then some in between.
*Carrie still loves her bath time. She loves water and she loves that time she spends with her dada.
*Carrie loves the pool. We try to spend time there at least once a week although I wish we could do it more.
*Carrie has her top 2 teeth now. It was a rough go, but they are in!
Carrie is still eating 3 meals a day and having 4 bottles a day. For the meals, we start with her table food, then have her cereal and baby food after followed by a bottle. She still naps 2 times a day; at 9 and 1:30. She still sleep 7-7. She usually wakes up between 6:15 and 6:30, but she is happy to talk to her stuffed animals in her crib until I come get her around 7 or a little before. Her favorite things are books, her baby doll, her big bird, her activity table and anything she isn't supposed to have like shoes, paper etc. She talks ALL the time...her only words are "mama" "dada" "baba" and "nana", but she kind of says "bye" and she tries to say "doggie" but it is more like dadee. I hear those words ALL day. She loves her dogs and gets SO excited to see them. She loves babies and kids. When she is happiest or in a silly mood, she says her words in a really high pitched squeal which is hilarious. She giggles a lot and still gives lots of kisses. Her little legs never stop moving...if she is sitting up, she is kicking them like she is tap dancing. She is as busy as I am and I only have myself to blame.
Carrie, you are freaking amazing. We love you so much that we just wanna eat you up! Thank you for adding so much to our lives and showing us how to just have fun and love love love. We had to leave you for a long weekend this month and it was SO hard to say goodbye because you just make us so happy. What a blessing you are.
Short video of what Carrie is doing now...
She is a little camera shy, but you can hear some "dada"s and see some tap dancing feet!
10 years ago
WHAT a fun post!!! I have got to see y'all soon...I am missing so much!
ReplyDeletei love this update! you are so good at keeping up with the details!!! Carrie IS freaking amazing!!! See you at lunch!!
ReplyDeleteOooh my goodness Carrie is up to so much! I laughed through most of your post, Carrie is such a HAM! I wish our little girls could be friends, they would get along so well!!
ReplyDelete