Monday, July 26, 2010

Good times...

So this past weekend Graham and I headed to Wild Dunes to see our friend, Brian Jarvis, get married. Brian was a Sigma Chi at Furman with Graham and they were roommates Junior year. We left Carrie with my mom for Thursday and Friday and then Graham's mom came in Saturday morning and kept her Saturday and Sunday until we got home. It was wonderful to know she was in good hands so we could relax and enjoy our time. We missed her like crazy, but we really did have the BEST time. All of our Furman friends live in different cities than us so we forget how much fun we have when we are all together! I have not laughed that hard in sooo long. We roomed with our good friends Nick and Christina and that was such a good decision. We called it flashback to Formal 2003, but it was so fun. Friday the men golfed so us ladies went into Charleston for some shopping and lunch. That night was the rehearsal dinner...
Here is the Furman Crew.

Here are the guys...(Drew, Cory, Nick, Brian, Graham and Jason)


Yep, Chris sang Karaoke Indigo Girls...it was a highlight! The boys did as well, but they had to hold my phone to read the lyrics so I couldn't get a picture. Let's just say that saying Christina did much better than them is an understatement!


Graham and the Groom...(Obviously only had my phone so not so great of quality pics...)
After the Rehearsal dinner we went out for a little bit, but we cannot stay out like we used to! Saturday was a day spent at the beach and at the pool. It was wonderful. The guys played...literally. And the ladies laid out, had drinks and chatted. That night was the wedding...
The ceremony was outside at Wild Dunes then we moved to the ball room for the reception.
Here are Christina, me and Ellen at the reception. Ellen is Cory's girlfriend and this was her first exposure to the whole group together. She fit right in and just kept up with us like she went to Furman with us! It was impressive!

This sums up the night pretty well...I think sometimes when you work all week, or go to school or raise children, you just need to let loose! And we all did just that...

We all packed our immature pants and put them on. But we had a good time.

Graham and Drew

Very end of Saturday night after Nick and Graham finished roughhousing. This is where Graham ended up. I am pretty sure that means he "lost". When all these guys get together, they are like brothers and they make me laugh SO hard. Almost as hard as I laugh when Christina and I are together. Almost.
Overall we had an AMAZING time. I am so glad we drove the million hours because it was well worth it. Congrats to Brian and Rachel!

On the way home, we were fortunate enough to drive through Knoxville where some more Furman friends live, Paula and John Chesworth. They had their little boy, Jack, this past Thursday and I could not wait to get my paws on him! So we couldn't stop long, but we did pop in to hold the little angel and hug his parents. We are so excited for you guys! He is beautiful and amazing just like his parents!!!
Now I am just enjoying being back home with my own little munchkin!!!

2 comments:

  1. Fun weekend! And Jack is ADORABLE! Yay Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the immature pants always need to be packed when there is a weekend without children! hilarious!

    ReplyDelete