So today is a sad one for me. Our dear friends Lauren and Matt Hancock are officially New Yorkers. Lauren and I have been great friends since Mother's Day Out and it was sad to say good-bye, even if just for now. Graham and Matt became dear friends when Graham moved to Nashville, needed a roommate, and found that Matt had a spare room. They had never met before, but became fast friends. Graham ended up living there for 2 years until he and I got married and when he moved out, it was so cute to see how sad they both were! During that 2 years, we were able to set Matt and Lauren up and here we are a year after their wedding! What amazing friends they are. It is not often that you each have a best friend who have never met and then they end up together. It has been so fun for Graham and I to have them as a part of our lives...we have had some seriously fun times...dinners out, happy hours, trips to Ford and Vegas and all of this is just going to continue even though they are not currently in Nashville. For one, Graham and I get to go visit them in NYC this fall! How fun is that? And this move is only temporary. Matt just graduated from Owen Business School at Vandy and accepted a job with Goldman Sachs in NY. (How awesome is that?!?) They are giving us a 3-5 year timeline and I am holding them to it!! This is such a fabulous opportunity for Matt and will be a fun adventure for them as still newlyweds. I am so excited for them for this new beginning, but I am selfishly sad for myself. Luckily they will be back many weekends for weddings, parties, holidays etc so I am sure the time will fly and they will be back with us hardly feeling like they were gone, but for now, it definitely stings a little bit. Here are some photos of fun times...
Ford Plantation 2008

Vegas 2010

The Camps and us threw a going away party last week...here are us Harpeth Hall friends...

Obviously there are a million I could post, but those are just a few. Lauren and Matt, we love you. We wish you the BEST in the big apple and we look forward to tons more memories!
No comments:
Post a Comment