Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Weekend with Uncle E

We had another fun, relaxing weekend which we needed! I got ANOTHER 24 hour bug on Thursday (my 2nd in 8 weeks...so weird since I haven't had one since like 6th grade until all this began...) and Graham had a tiring week as well so we welcomed a low key weekend. E got in Friday afternoon so Friday night we just laid low, cooked dinner, and watched a movie. Carrie was glad to have Uncle E here so she could have another person to play with and show off to...
Saturday we went out to lunch at Sportsmans and then stopped at Philips Toy Mart after. Uncle E bought Carebear a Big Bird! (she really enjoys Sesame Street) She LOVED it...even napped with it when we got home. This picture does not show how much she loves it, but you can see how big he is! She also got this teething ball...
And the dress came off because she cannot crawl in it. Her new thing is to put toys in her mouth and crawl around like the dogs do. Here is an example...

Posted by Picasa
Tilly really wanted it!
It even went up the stairs in her mouth. She finds this to be a very handy way to get toys around...
Saturday night we got a sitter and went and saw Toy Story 3 in 3D then out to dinner. The movie was cute and funny and we tried the new hibachi grill in Green Hills "Tokyo" which was yummy! And hibachi is always fun. Here are Carebear and Uncle E before she went to bed and we went out...

Posted by Picasa
This morning we got up and got ready for Carrie's 9 month photo shoot. We took her over to my parents for a change of scenery and to get 'Cy-Cy' to make her smile, but I think she was just a bit overwhelmed. There were 5 of us around her + Zach with his camera and we were all trying to make her smile. I think we did get a few cute ones, but it was not easy! She was pooped after all that!

I also need to include a couple things in this blog that I forgot in her 9 month post. I want to make sure I get all the details on here since I have not kept up her real baby book well and am counting on this to suffice!

1) As of July 1, Carrie says "Mama" "Dada" and "Baba"...she knows what "Doggie" means and tries to say it but it still ends up "Dada". We are also working on "Bye-Bye" with a wave.
2) Carrie is eating table food! She LOVES cheese (just like her mom!!! ha) She likes string cheese, mac n cheese, cheese ravioli and even things like bananas and bread. We have come a long way...still working on it too!
3) Tilly and Carrie are SO cute. Tilly lets Carrie crawl ALL over her, pull up on her and 'pet' her (aka beat her like a drum). Carrie just smiles and giggles at Tilly. It is really sweet. If Carrie goes to see Shammi, Sham wags her tail, gives her a big lick on her face and then walks away. She is still sweet, but it is not the same as Carrie and Tilly.

Ok, off to enjoy Sunday afternoon!

3 comments:

  1. miss you all!! We are going to need a date soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hank does the same thing with carrying around things in his mouth! it makes me laugh every time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You totally motivated me to get on the ball and introduce Adelaide to cheese and she loooves it! We've done string cheese and colby jack - random I know. I LOVE Carrie's pink/green dress! I'm such a sucker for smocking!!!

    ReplyDelete