In height: 30 inches...watch out WNBA, this is 99th percentile!!! They actually measured her again because they did not believe it hahaha. Wow this one floored me.
In head: She was 97th percentile. So still a huge head, but obviously proportional at least!
In weight: She weighed 21 lbs 12 oz. I didn't feed her lunch until after the appointment which was probably a good decision because this was 90th percentile. That stat did not surprise me hahah.
So she is a BIG GIRL! WOW! haha. They told me they cannot predict size until 2 so we will hope she evens off before then and in the meantime, we will embrace those chunks!
Ok so I thought I would share what Carrie is up to these days. When we are not at the pool, at a friend's house, out to lunch, at the park or any other activity we come up with, this is how Carrie spends her time around the house...
Crawling up the stairs NONSTOP. It is her favorite pass time by far.
We just need to master the going back down backwards thing.
(Note: I know her onesie is not snapped...99th percentile...nothing snaps and
she cannot crawl in a dress...)
We spend a lot of time looking at/playing with the baby in the mirror...

We just need to master the going back down backwards thing.
(Note: I know her onesie is not snapped...99th percentile...nothing snaps and
she cannot crawl in a dress...)
We spend a lot of time looking at/playing with the baby in the mirror...
We like to pull ALL the stuffed animals off our shelf and play with them...
We like playing with gadgets and looking at books...
And we especially love our bath time with dada. We play and play in here until
we have to get out!
We like playing with gadgets and looking at books...
And we especially love our bath time with dada. We play and play in here untilwe have to get out!
So those are a few favorite activities! She is on the move ALL the time...crawling through the house, up and down the stairs, pulling up on everything and walking around all the furniture. She is even starting to stand up on her own without holding on to anything! While it does change life a little, I have found it changed for the better. She is so happy and keeps herself busy all the time. As long as I keep my eye on her at all times, she is fine to entertain herself which has been so nice. She still loves to give kisses and hugs. She likes Sesame Street and any shows with music on them. She loves to pet the dogs and pull up on them. She loves other children and loves Mother's Day Out. She is SUCH a happy and delightful baby. She has tons of personality and has been discovering her voice in a serious way.As far as eating and sleeping go, there is not much change. Still 2 naps a day and sleeping 7-7. We had to fight the pulling up in the crib a little bit, but seem to have navigated past that. She does still fall asleep sitting up sometimes, but when I check on her, I just lay her back down. She still takes 4 bottles/day and 3 jars of baby food/day. As far as table food goes, it has been a bit of a struggle. She is taking her time and easing into it and that is totally fine. She does like cottage cheese, chicken salad, macaroni and cheese and string cheese. She will nibble on toast and things like that, but cheerios and puffs have not proven to be a hit with her. I just throw new stuff in front of her and let her mess with it and if she likes it, great, and if not, that is fine too. I am just going to let her take her time and explore it and I know she will catch on eventually! Besides, as you can see, she does not need any more calories than she already gets!!!
Carrie, you are a joy and a light in our lives. We thank the Good Lord for you each and every day and cannot imagine life with out you. Thank you for being the sweetest, most wonderful child. We love you!
Hi there! I found your blog through 'The Scott Spot' blog and saw that we have daughters 1 day apart! My little girl was born Sept 30. So neat. Also, mine (Adelaide) is in 90th percentile for everything too! She was born 9lb 1oz. My goodness. Carrie is ADORABLE fyi and I obviously am bias toward babies with fat rolls since I have a little chunk myself. Anyways, I read that you managed to navigate away from Carrie pulling up on her crib at night and Adelaide has just started doing that and I don't know what to do. Wondering if you have any advice? She used to be an awesome sleeper but recently wakes up in the middle of the night (sometimes 2-3 times) sitting up and wimpering. Sometimes I can just rub her back and she'll lay back down but sometimes I have to pick her up to put her back to sleep. So frustrating! Anyways, sorry for the long post, we're just getting desperate here and I'm afraid she'll be pulling up/standing in her crib crying before too long and then there's really no way she'll be able to put herself back to sleep. Any advice welcome! You have such a cute family!
ReplyDelete-Emily