Friday, January 21, 2011

Sledding

Yep, Nashville had yet another snow day today. I mean we live in Tennessee...it is the South, right? We usually one maybe 2 snows per year, but not this year! We have already had 4 or so and it is just January! So yesterday afternoon it started coming down and I was prepared this time. I was not spending another full day inside so when Carrie was at Mother's Day Out Thursday, I went to Target and get her a baby sled. Our friends the McGuigan's have one for their little girl and we thought it was a great idea! I also picked one up for Jenny and when she came to get it, she lent us a snow suit that was Maddie's, but is still too big for Emalyn. It fits Carrie perfect so thank you to the Camp's! The snow came down fast so we headed out there yesterday evening to try our sled out!

Here she is ready to go!
Checking everything out. It was snowing, but not yet accumulated...
She likes the snow coming down
Did not like when her gloves got dirty!
And off we went
Miss America wave to the doggies...
This is sort of fun, but my face is cold! So we called it a night after a few rounds.
Friday morning, we went out again with dada and the doggies.
It was pretty fun...



But still cold!
It was so nice to get some fresh air and get Carrie introduced to sledding.

I have been sort of quiet on the blog, but there just is not a lot to post about in cold January! Monday mornings Carrie has swim (she is doing so well!!!), Tuesday is Mother's Day Out, Wednesday mornings we go to music, Thursday is Mother's Day out and Fridays are play group so we are definitely keeping busy, but just nothing new. Dreaming of Spring and warm pretty days at the park!!!

6 comments:

  1. oh my!!! Her snowsuit + the gloves + the hat are too much!!! love it. I wish someone would pull me around in a sled...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you have mother's day out TWICE a week????

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute...Emalyn hated the sled! (Probably b.c Maddie was pulling her) But Maddie loved it! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the cutest sled I have ever seen! I want Kyle to pull ME in one of those!!!! did you try it??:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so jealous of yall's weeks...i would LOVE to be doing all that! so fun. and i LOVE carrie on the sled...way too cute! we got some snow a few weeks ago, but nothing like that really. supposed to maybe get some more this week..if we do i want to get hank a sled. ha! a sled in dallas might be pointless ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pictures of Carrie sledding! We've done that in Colorado, but are yet to do that in Nashville! Hope to see y'all soon!

    ReplyDelete