Carrie is really into shoes...here we go. So she likes to go pick some out of her closet and then wants me to put them on her. Usually they are her shiny sequin shoes or her rain boots, but we have had a little of everything. This pic I took on Monday. I am not sure why she sometimes just lays on the floor and rolls around, but I guess she just thinks she is silly! But notice the 2 different shoes...one sunday school shoe and one sandal...yes a sandal over her sock. This was not a good look...
And a few months ago, a friend of mine from college, Jessica, gave Carrie this toy...a maze type thing with balls that go through it and I am not kidding, it has been her favorite...nonstop....for 3 months. She goes through toys she loves and has different phases, but this is the one toy that never gets old to her. Graham and I are always amazed. It really has everything to do with the balls that go with it and the fact that they bounce. She LOVES to take them into our bathroom and throw them around on the tile and watch them bounce everywhere. It is where you can find her playing most of the time...There isn't much else going on with us really. Carrie is getting one of her canine teeth and she is not having a ton of fun with it. I always feel so bad for her when a tooth is breaking through. I cannot imagine how painful it would be.
I hope to get a good video of her talking soon. She is really beginning to try to repeat everything I say which is fun. If she wants something and I say what do you say, she still says "Peez" and we are working on thank you. Unfortunately, she has learned "no no" which I was trying to avoid her saying, but she usually only repeats it after I have said it which is fine. The other night when I gave her mac n cheese for dinner, I said "Yummm! Pasta!" and the whole time she was eating it, she was saying "yum, pathta!" which was hilarious. So not only is she really understanding all that I say to her, she is starting to try to say it all herself and it is so fun to hear and to watch her little wheels turn!
In the meantime, I am already ready for Spring. The days get really long sitting inside and we miss being outside. We have had some fun playdates lately which have helped, though. Carrie and her buddies are at that age where they are really learning to play together and not just next to each other. When she has been at friend's houses lately, they have run and played and laughed together and it has been SO fun to watch. I love that she is really starting to have fun with her little friends!
Anyways, I feel like I haven't had many exciting things to say in a while, but I just like to document anything and everything this little nut is doing so I never forget a thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment