Tuesday, January 4, 2011

So at the Doc yesterday, he asked if Carrie had been working with a spoon. Well, she kind of has, but when I gave it to her, she would play with it so I would take it back and let her keep eating. I also don't love a huge mess! He said to just let her play with it and work with it so today, I did that (with a non messy food...noodles). It is hard to get videos of her without her wanting to look at it right away, but this one kind of worked out. Here she is eating with the spoon...she obviously has not grasped the concept of scooping the food up with the spoon so she just picks the food up and puts it on the spoon, but at least she gets the idea and can get it to her mouth!!

Other things this girl has been up to:
She is really doing well saying please when she wants something...it sounds like "Beez". It is so much better than "ehhh, ehhh" when she wants something. But it is hard to resist giving her everything she wants when looks at you and says "Beez!"

She is doing so well with her words and language in general. She tries to say anything you say and she even is putting words together now! When I picked her up from Mother's Day Out today, they said after lunch they said "Are you all done?" and she said "Ah Dun!"

She also understands so much! She was playing with a cup holder (supposed to be on a stroller) and I told her to go get a sippy cup and put it in it. She literally got up, left the room, came back with a sippy cup and put it in the cup holder. It is amazing how they are such sponges and soak up so much more than your realize!

She went to the middle class at Mother's Day Out for the first time today and she did great! They said you would have never known it was her first day. It is such a comforting feeling knowing that she can do well in settings without me and around other young children.

She has been lovin that dada! She is a mama's girl for the most part, but we got some really good dada time these past couple weeks and I think she thought about converting! He left town this morning before she woke up and when I was changing her diaper after I got her out of her crib she said "Dada?" and I said "Sorry baby, no dada." And she kind of got a pouty voice and said "Beez?!" It was so sweet I almost cried. That was one please I could not accomodate. :(

She still loves books and babies more than anything. But she also loves being outside so on days that are randomly warm like today (55 and sunny) we spend as much time outside as possible. She loves playing with balls! I am like babies and balls? Girly girl or tomboy?! She is definitely a mix which is how I was. She keeps me laughing and we laugh a lot together. She really understands so much now that we can kind of have our own moments where we just play off each other and laugh and laugh and it is the sweetest time.

Overall, this is just such a fun age. I know it for sure, but even Graham just couldn't get enough of her these past couple weeks and kept saying how much fun she is right now and how hard it is being away from her. We feel really blessed starting out another new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment