Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Funny Phrases/Cute playtime

I was just thinking the other day that I am not recording all the funny things Carrie is saying. She is a parrot and remembers so much and then says something out of the blue that makes me laugh because I obviously have said it to her many times. So, so I never forget, I am going to put down a couple of these...

-When Mimi (Graham's mom) was asking Carrie if she wanted a brother or sister, I said I didn't think Carrie wanted either, she wants just Carrie. So I took her to the doctor the other day to hear the heartbeat...when she heard it, she got a big grin. But when we got back to the car as I was strapping her in she looked at me and said "No babies, just Carrie." Haha I could not believe she remembered and that she actually related it to hearing the heartbeat! This baby is not ready to give up the spotlight!!!
-She is introducing herself now. She will say "Hi (insert name) I'm Carrie!" or she will say it to an object. Driving the other day she saw a big truck and said "Hi Big Truck! My name's Carrie!" I think she is really excited to know her name!
-I told her to get something from her room the other day and she ran off, then stopped and turned around and said "Mama, I will be RIGHT back!" I must tell her that a lot :)
-Saturday afternoon we were outside and she let out a big yell/squeal and then in a normal voice she said "outside voice." We are practicing inside/outside voice right now and she is obviously remembering.
-She is so sweet and every time we give her anything she says "Thank you, Mama! (or other name)" and if I sneeze she says "Bless you mama! (or other name)" It's really sweet because she just picked up on it on her own.
-At Kroger they sometimes give out stickers so it made me laugh today when I said let's go to the grocery store and she said "Yay! Stickers!! (sounded like Stickas)"It's amazing what they remember.
-When Emalyn came over, I told Carrie that she had to be nice and share with Emalyn and since then, she occasionally looks at me and says "I be nice to Emalyn (Em-a-in)"
Every day she says something that makes me laugh. Unfortunately, 'No' is definitely her favorite word at the moment, but I guess that is life with a toddler!!

Also, my friend Jenny's younger little girl Emalyn is just a few months younger than Carrie. I got to keep Emalyn while Jenny took Maddie to get a haircut and it was so fun watching them two interact. They see each other probably twice a week, but Carrie is enamored by Maddie (Emalyn's older sister) so she usually just follows her around. Jenny has been one of my best friends since I was 14 so I am hoping these girls forge a similar friendship so I wanted to post a few play date pictures that they can look back on and laugh at one day.

Cooking together...
They had a 'picnic' for snack time since I only have 1 booster seat. Carrie kept saying "Emalyn, sit here!" She loved it. (Note that I said Carrie is a few months older...if you are wondering how big she really is, this may help you to understand.)
Doing a puzzle together.
It was fun to have two little girls running around the house :). May be in my future...we will see!

2 comments:

  1. love this post! Made me laugh! Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Glad you took pictures of the two of them playing and glad Emalyn got a chance to play without big sister there!

    ReplyDelete