Last weekend was one of those weekends where we had zero plans, but the weekend ended up super busy and just flew by!! It was a really fun weekend where we had a lot of family time which I love.
Friday night we ended up having an at home date night! We just love in the summer when the sun is going down and it is not as hot and we can just really enjoy being outside. So we cooked and sat on the patio and even the drone of the cicadas had faded enough to not bother us :)
Saturday morning we were lucky to have some special visitors! Ann Claire and Scott Hoch were in town for a wedding so they came and brought us coffee and met Carrie! Ann Claire was my grand big in KD at Furman. They live in Charlotte so we dont get to see them much so it was so fun to catch up with them! Carrie was not shy at all and loved showing off her toys. She really loved Scott and even asked him to read her a book! It was too funny!
Afterwards, we took Carrie to the zoo for a quick visit so she could ride on the new train they have! She is obsessed with trains so we knew she would love this. I only remembered to take a picture when they were getting in and not when they were moving so I didn't capture the huge grin on her face as they rode past me. She loved it!
She even got a conductor hat which she proudly wore.
After her nap, we decided to blow up her baby pool since it was so hot and let her play in there. She, of course, thought this was the coolest, most fun thing ever! It was so fun for us to just watch her!
Haha I love her face as she wonders why Tilly is drinking the water (the dogs thought it was a huge water bowl...Shammi even barked when Carrie got in it!)
best day ever!
Dancing...
And splashing!
And watering...
Then Carrie found the hose which was off at the time. She went and held it over my herb pots. She has clearly been watching me and knew just what to do. So Graham turned the hose on for her and before long, she was drinking it! My reaction was to stop her, but Graham intervened and reminded me that we all did it! So I let it go...pick your battles, right?! I wasn't so grossed out that she was drinking the water as I was that her mouth was on the hose! Yuck! Oh well...she thought it was really neat!
When it was time to put the pool up, she was not ready! Wanted to get it back out and has been talking about it ever since! We will have to do it again sometime soon!
It was such a fun weekend and I am sad that it is Monday all over again! The good news is that I went to the doctor today and baby sounded good! We have our ultrasound next Thursday so I am looking forward to that now!
10 years ago




I love the milk and red wine! Carrie is so big. Hope you and baby 2 are doing well!!
ReplyDelete