Today was such a good day. I just woke up feeling blessed beyond belief that I get to be Carrie's mom. Even on the hardest days, I still cannot get over how lucky I am that God has lent me this amazing gift and chosen me to be her mom. Sometimes, it is too much for an emotional pregnant girl to think about :). But today I had both her and my amazing husband both for the whole day so it really didn't matter beyond that what we did, but getting to plan our whole day was definitely nice. It began with Graham and me making sausage biscuits for breakfast...it just sounded good to me! Carrie liked the biscuit part, not the sausage. Well, she wouldn't try the sausage so who knows if she would like it! But after that, we got ready and went to early Church!
Carrie has been all about taking walks these days...she totally holds me accountable because she always says "walk, mama!" Today was so pretty that I thought a family walk would be perfect before it reached 85 degrees! It was nice to get some exercise before we ate at none other than SATCO. That is where I chose to eat (Non Nashville people---it is a tex-mex place whose queso is my favorite thing in the world). Let me just say that Carrie has taken after her mommy...she LOVES their queso too!
It makes me laugh because that was all she wanted to eat, but I can't blame her because I am the same way! It was such a good lunch but we definitely were full and lazy by the end!
After a good nap time...for all of us...we visited with Carrie's great grandmothers (one by skype and one in person) and then played outside until dinner and bath time. Afterwards, the sitter came and Graham and I went out for a nice dinner (a treat from my mom and dad!) which was such a treat. I love a yummy dinner and really enjoyed getting out for a bit.
It was such a special Mother's Day so thank you to my sweet family for making it that way. And thank you to my mom for setting such an amazing example of who a mom should be! I cannot believe that soon I will have 2 sweet babies. I just started feeling baby 2 move this week and felt it more than once today...I think he/she (totally she) knew it was Mother's Day and did not want to be left out. I have always wanted to be a mom so it is just amazing to see how the Lord has answered my prayers and how much more amazing it is than I could have ever known. Happy Mother's Day to all the amazing moms I know!
10 years ago

Happy belated Mother's Day, Neel! We went to SATCO on Sunday night - I'm sorry we missed you! We are happy to babysit any time, too!
ReplyDelete