Sunday, October 21, 2012

Final Hayes is 1 post!

To finish up all the Hayes is 1 posts, I need to give her stats, say what she is up to and what she means to us!

At the doctor Monday, Hayes was:
24.8 lbs-about 94%
31.5"-100% (my girls are just tall!)

Her words right now are:
Mama, Dada, No-no (sounds like na-na), Bye, Doggy (sounds like doddy), Woof (sounds like oof), more (sounds like ma) and MMMM after every bite :)

Favorite things:
eating, peek a boo, laying on our bed and being tickled, balls, music, dogs, her people (aka people she knows really well), anything outdoors and just being home!

And finally, here is the letter I wrote to Hayes this year to put away for her...

Hayes 1st birthday.
Dear Sweet Baby Hayes,
Oh how you have enriched my life this year. Before you were born, I just did not know how I could love a child as much as I loved Carrie, but from the minute I held you in my arms, I just did. God is good like that. He lets us love many children the way He loves His many children. Hayes, you are a sweet child of God who is wonderfully and fearfully made. Some days I can hardly put you down because I just want to kiss you and squeeze you. You are just this chunky little lady who has the BIGGEST smile. Dad and I love talking about how happy you are. Your smile is the biggest smile I have ever seen…maybe that means you are the happiest baby in the world J. I would like to believe that! You have this sweet, snuggly side of you, but you also have this fiery side that can let us know you are not happy! Your little fits make us laugh as you throw yourself down in dramatic fashion and cry so loud over the smallest things like someone eating and not sharing with you. You are very content playing alone and entertaining yourself, but you never want to be overlooked so you certainly make yourself heard!
Hayes, I love the way you light up when you see someone you love. You do not love school or crowds, but you sure do love your family. You want to be in our arms whenever you can and it is so sweet. Your sister could never sit still so having a baby who wants to cuddle in my arms is a sweet gift from the Lord. I hope you always want to be in my arms.
You love your sister…most of the time. You love to play with her and laugh with her, but when she is not sharing or gets too rough, you either yell out or bite her. Ha, you won’t go down without a fight! I hope when you are reading this, you and Carrie are the best of friends. I want this for you so much. You’ll are right across the hall from each other and nothing makes me happier than seeing you all play together and love each other. A sister certainly is a dear gift from God.
The things you love right now are: FOOD (you will eat anything and everything and it is an answered prayer. You are chunky, but we love that.) You love playing outside. No one can go outside without you. You lose it. You love the dogs. They are so good with you as you climb all over them and pull on them. They make you so happy. You love balls…rolling them, throwing them, anything. You love music. It just makes you light up and get your big smile and sometimes you even start clapping. You have been loving the baby music class we have been doing.  You also love kisses…you open your big drooly mouth so wide and lean in for the big one. And no matter what gross food is on your face or snot is coming out your nose, dad and I cannot resist those sweet kisses.
Hayes, you are SUCH a joy to us. I never knew how many children I would want or could have, but after adding you to this family, I know we are not done. Seeing how different and wonderful you and your sister are in so many ways, it makes me want to see what else the Lord has in store for us. I never want you to grow up and say “no” or not want to be in my arms. I am having a hard time accepting that you will soon become a toddler. But no matter how old you are or how you act, know that your dad and I love you to the moon and back and we thank the good Lord for you daily. You are a HUGE blessing in our lives and we cannot imagine it without you in it. Thank you for the smiles, the giggles, the hugs, the kisses and the amazing memories from this year. We look forward to many more memories with you and as many more years with you as the Lord blesses us with.  
Much Love to you, my sweet angel,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment