Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ta-Da!

Yay! The nursery is officially complete! As of this past Friday, everything is in and as of this past weekend, everything is organized! I am so excited it is ready and I just love it! Mary has such a vision and always does such an amazing job and I just think we could not have asked for more for a nursery for little Carrie! I know she is going to love it. So here are a few pictures...


Mary has a friend who builds furniture and he made the bookcase and dresser/changer below. Isn't that amazing? Look at the detail of the crackle finish on the bookcase. He is so talented!



I love the detail on the drapes with the buttons, tassles and swiss dot cafe curtain...I think it may be my favorite thing...
So there it is!

After the nursery was all complete, I got into nesting mode and got all her clothes washed and folded and put away. We also went to the police station to get the car seat installed (which was not only an installation, but an hour lesson on carseat safety...which was actually great and really helpful, just wholly unexpected!) And we are pretty much packed for the hopsital! I am feeling ready and won't even be full term until Saturday. I know the wait for her is going to feel like forever now, but we are so excited and it is starting to kind of feel real!

So that was the majority of our Labor Day weekend along with watching a lot of football (Go Dores and Go Cocks!...a winning weekend for the Youngs!) and sleeping and eating. It was just what I needed and there is nothing better than a long weekend.

AND, this is my last week of work. I finish on Thursday and cannot believe it. Now that I am all ready for the little one, I am not sure how I will pass my time, but I am sure I will find a way :).

11 comments:

  1. love.it.
    Little Carrie has the cutest room ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe its already time for her to be here! The room is so cute and she's going to love it. Keep us in the loop, make sure Graham texts us when something happens! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neel, it looks fabulous!! She'll be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. its adoooooooooorable!!!! Can't wait to see it in person!!!! Carrie is going to love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi neel. *love* the nursery (especially the wallpaper). carrie is such a lucky girl! hope you're doing well. xoxo
    p.s. thanks for the congratulations on our house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH my gosh, its GORGEOUS!! Little Carrie is a lucky lady! She'll be here before you know it and you'll wonder how you've lived so long without her! Praying for you three =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg Neel the nursery is so so so gorgeous; I love it!!!! The bookcase is stunning - I love the green crackle bookcase!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Martha

    Yeah I should read my comments before posting them. Redundant much?

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a cute cute nursery! maybe carrie will come early like hank did...thinking about yall!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it!!! (and it looks like Carrie and Anne Morgan have the same light fixture!) I know you are so excited, I can't wait to see pictures of Carrie! Once Beasley is healed a little more I plan on making a trip to Nashville to see Caroline & Co. as well as a college friend of mine. Maybe we can see you too and meet Carrie.

    ReplyDelete