Thursday, September 3, 2009

tidbits...

Well, there is not a whole lot to report, but a few things that are noteworthy.

1) 34 week Dr. appt was this past Monday. Said she measured just right and her heartbeat was perfect! Feeling blessed yet again.

2) One of my dearest friends, Jenny Camp and her husband Chris are pregnant with their second and just found out it is another girl! We are so excited for them and selfishly excited for ourselves because now Carrie will have a little BFF! Jenny is just a little over 3 months behind me so they will be so close in age! How fun!

3) The vultures are still around. They have multiplied. Graham tells me there are 6. I dont know how he can track them to know this, but ok. So I was napping after work on Tuesday and Graham wasn't supposed to be home until 7:30 or so so when around 6:45 I heard what sounded like tapping on the glass and rattling, I thought someone was trying to come in the back door. The dogs also went ballistic. So I got up off the couch to check and walked into the kitchen. In our kitchen, we have a big skylight so when, on a sunny day, I saw my dogs were in a shadow, I looked up. There was a big nasty Turkey Vulture on our skylight, wings perked up, TAPPING ON THE GLASS at my dogs! I mean that is some freaky stuff. And I couldn't get to my camera in time to prove it, but trust me, you can't make this stuff up. I hope he does not do that again because I thought he was going to tap on through and fly on in! If that happens, I will be delivering a baby at Baptist shortly thereafter. I mean something that freaky would put me into labor no doubt. So let's hope this was a one time thing.

4) "You look like you are about to pop" is a phrase I would advise you not say to people you don't know. For some reason, people feel like that is just the right thing to say when they see me. As Graham finally said "You can't hear that enough!" But the truth is, I still have a little over 5 weeks left so how do I even respond to this? Thanks? I am? Actually, I still have 5 weeks? Yep!? Anyways, when friends say it, that is one thing. Strangers...totally different. Along the same lines as touching the belly...

5) The nursery is REALLY coming along! I should have pictures of the completed room by the end of next week! I am loving it so far and cannot wait to get all her stuff moved in and settled in there!

6) Tonight is the first South Caroline football game. Reallllly hoping for a win for Graham...will determine his mood for this long weekend...

I think that is all I have for today! Have a happy, long labor day weekend everyone!

5 comments:

  1. So many good tidbits! and you do look like you are going to pop...JUST KIDDING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I saw two vultures in the neighborhood the other day. I was on a walk and just in front of me, like 20 feet, they all of a sudden scattered and flew up to the roof. Scary!! and DISGUSTING!! I was totally not expecting that. And I feel you on the pregnancy comments, I heard more than my share. You dont have long though, Carrie will be here before you know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that. is. NASTY. yikes to the vultures. but - as always - love your rendition. you really do have a spin for comedic writing, you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Neel-yo...don't mind those ole' fools telling you, you look like you are about to Pop...just tell them to shut the hell up or you will sick your vultures on them!!!:)
    By the way, your shower looked incredible and cannot wait to stop by when the boys are in school and oohh and ahhh over all her adorable things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neel,
    I would also like to add to the comments on what never to say to a pregnant girl..."are you 100% positive you aren't having twins". Thank you Uncle Ralph.
    Erica
    Love the nursery pics. You are motivating.

    ReplyDelete