Thursday, September 10, 2009

Well today is my last day of work at McGuigan & Associates. I have to say it is bittersweet. While I am so excited about starting this next chapter of my life with Carrie, it is also sad to leave a place I have come 5 days a week for 3 years. Time has flown by since I graduated college and a lot of things have taken place! Graham and I have gotten married, are in our 2nd house, have added a second dog and are now expecting our first child and all of these events took place while I worked here and everyone here has been such a part of this fun and exciting time in my life. I will miss everyone here and will miss sharing the aspects of my life with them, but with Carrie coming right around the corner, the time is right. Still, you do not expect to start and job and end 3 years later with amazing friends. As all of you know from following my blog, Callen and I have been the only girls in this office for a while and she has become such a dear friend of mine. Every morning we recap on shows we watched, things we did the night before and discuss anything else pressing. I really do not know what I am going to do without these morning chats! I may just be found sitting on my couch talking to myself at any given moment! Well, that is until Carrie is here and then I am sure I will be more than occupied. And I won't be as up to date on my sports knowledge. Usually I can stand around the work table and listen to the guys talk sports and learn a lot I didn't know. I don't think Graham finds talking sports with me all that engaging since it makes for a pretty much one way conversation! And I won't have as many excuses to eat doughnuts and cupcakes...but that may be a good thing! But anyways, it is so fun to be moving on to having Miss Carrie and being a mom, but change is change and it will take some adjusting. Good news is, I can pop in here and visit whenever I please and even bring the little one when she arrives so I am not gone for good. But for now, I am officially retired from this job and moving onto a new one...being a mom and I am thrilled. Thanks to everyone at McGuigan for everything!

4 comments:

  1. SAD!!!!! Don't make me cry. It's 9:07 am...the office is QUIET and no one has asked me if I watched Project Runway yet (i haven't...lets discuss later this weekend!) Neel, I am SO excited for you...you are going to be the BEST mom....but this office will NEVER be the same without you!! I miss my friend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy retirement! You're going to love it =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best job in the world my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best job in the world meaning being mommy part...but I think you knew what I meant...just wanted to make sure:)

    ReplyDelete