Today was Carrie's Baptism and it was such a special day. We had our family and friends all here to celebrate with us and it meant so much to us to have them there to share this special day. It was a fun and exhausting weekend for sure! Friday night, we cooked out, Saturday we watched basketball, shopped and then went out to a nice dinner at Whitfields with Carrie's grandparents and Godparents. It was such a fun meal and I was glad Carrie was not there to hear all the stories that were told! We laughed so hard reminiscing. Grace, Carrie's Godmother, and Drew, her Godfather, were both with Graham and me at Furman so we had a good time laughing about those days. After not enough sleep, we got up this morning and went out to Church for her Christening. I was a little worried because Carrie usually takes her first nap sometime between 8:30 and 9 so she had to stay awake a little longer. But she did great! She was alert and awake and it was just so sweet. I loved seeing all our family and friends as we stood up at the front and committed to raise her in a Godly home and loved hearing everyone commit to supporting us along the way. Here are some pictures...
This is us before the service with John Eason...my Godfather and the participating Elder in the service.

Proud daddy...

Our fam...

With Cy-Cy and BA...

With her namesake

With Papa

With Mimi and Fran

With Godparents who both came in town for this which meant so much to us!

After the service, we had a small luncheon over here with some Loveless food. It was so fun. Carrie was so tired, though, that she went down for a nap in her crib and almost slept through the whole thing! She finally woke up before everyone had left and she put on a show! Maddie Camp who is 2 1/2 got her cracking up by handing her her keys and letting her drop them and then picking them up for her and laughing with her and it was the most I have ever heard her laugh! This video was kind of long and in HD making the file too large for my blog so I had to crop it to show you the giggling so sorry it is choppy and random! I am not good at movie editing...this was new for me! But here is a small clip out her 10 minutes of nonstop giggles!
And I promise a Vegas post soon! I need to get some pics from the Hancocks to add to my own, but my preview is that it was a blast! We had the best time, but I missed my little one terribly! Just made it fun to come home from vacation for the first time ever. And I am heading down to Savannah with my mom and dad on Tuesday for a week to get some down time so I will be MIA for a bit...have a great week everyone!
Oh my goodness that laugh will make your heart melt!!!! I wanna hear that boots laugh again!:)
ReplyDeletePrecious!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun day! Toots McBoots!!!! Love her!
ReplyDelete